Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PSP 2 !!!
Hey, people, I just wanna hear your thoughts about PSP2 rumors! Check this out:
http://kotaku.com/5675525/psp2-will-ditc...horsepower
What do you think about it?
To me, it seems that future is here with its online - only purchasing method, HD capabilities and portability! I just am not sure whether it'll play BR movies, but what interests me most is whether it'll be backward compatible, since the device seems strong enough to run psx, psp, and ps2 games of course! But with such hardware, it seems to me it'll be more close to four digit $ price!
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.

Sponsored links

(11-19-2010, 08:14 PM)milan Wrote: Hey, people, I just wanna hear your thoughts about PSP2 rumors! Check this out:
http://kotaku.com/5675525/psp2-will-ditc...horsepower
What do you think about it?
To me, it seems that future is here with its online - only purchasing method, HD capabilities and portability! I just am not sure whether it'll play BR movies, but what interests me most is whether it'll be backward compatible, since the device seems strong enough to run psx, psp, and ps2 games of course! But with such hardware, it seems to me it'll be more close to four digit $ price!

i heard there won't be psp 2 (in the next two years),
they only want to creat the psp mobile.....
Link please to what you say! I've heard that PSP2 will be out within a year from now if everything goes according to their plans! See:
http://kotaku.com/5672410/psp2-will-be-b...-fall-2011
Anyway, I doubt Sony will allow Nintendo (3DS) to take the handheld gaming market without a fight, and since 3DS will be superior to PSP, the only logical solution is that they release a new handheld! Yep, I've heard about Playstation mobile in cooperation with Sony Ericsson, but that's another thing!
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.
I really have VERY high hopes for the PSP2, though at the same time I want to remain realistic. After Sony suffered horrible losses for 4 YEARS after launching the PS3 at such a high price (they've only recently started making their money back on each PS3 unit sold) link:

http://www.1up.com/news/sony-finally-profiting-ps3-sold

I'm not so sure they'll go all out on PSP2. Still, it's nice to dream, and having a hi-def screen (even if it's 720p) will be more than amazing. IF it's high def, I should say. We'll find out soon enough, I also foresee the console launching in 2011, if only to counter the threat of the 3DS.
Ninja
I think you'll be better off buying a PS3 or a 3DS in the near future... Since there is a slim chance that a PSP2 will be developed... There's still no official announcements at E3... or maybe i'm just late in the news... ^_^
Mobo: ASUS B75M-A
CPU: Intel® Core i3 - 3220 @ 3.30 ghz
GPU: Inno3D GeForce GT 240 512mb/128bit DDr2
RAM: 4Gb ddr3 @ 1333MHz
As the new device will probably have even stronger security than what we're used to now,
I doubt it can be used as freely as the PSP can be used now.
With no emulators, book readers, good media players and browsers, no remote capabilities and all
the other goodies, all that remains is a simple / dumb portable gaming system.

I'm personally not too interested in that, no matter how powerful it is Wink
Yeah its really possible that it cannot be used as freely as the psp nowadays, due to that Sony knows it's systems flaws(exploits, CFW's, etc..)... and to consider that Sony is putting up high prices for its crappy games... you'd really want to choose something that is very cheap and reliable which is hard to find nowadays (except for some consoles and handhelds)
Yeah, it's reasonable to think they'll learn from their mistakes concerning security, BUT I do believe they'll learn from the mistakes such as cutting the ps2/linux compatibility/support, too! Anyway, if it has at least psp game support, methinks it's worth buying if the price be reasonable, remember, ps3, in the time when it was released, had a miserable game library, too!
I'm most concerned about modern portable device's bottleneck which are the batteries. Having in mind that it'll be a powerful device, it'll demand lots of power, but concerning its size, the battery'll be a problem. Small batteries mean less power and worse portability. Imagine playing a game for just 15-30 mins...
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.
To hell with Sony's idea of backwards compatibility. To me, backwards compatibility is playing your old games (you already bought and own) on your new system, not buying them AGAIN when you already (apparently) wasted your money on UMDs. As with the PSPGo, it's just a BS method of getting you to re-buy games. No UMD drive = No backwards compatibility IMO.

Think back to when the PS2 first came out. Say you wanted to play FF7 again (on your new Playstation), but then you find out you have to buy the new PS2 compatible version. Would you call that backwards compatible? No, that's simply a re-make for a new system (and not the good kind, with added features, etc...). Perhaps even more accurate would be to compare it to the N64 to Gamecube scenario. For them to try and have called the GC backwards compatible with the N64, just because they remade N64 cartridges on discs. Just plain ludicrous if you ask me.

Like rama said, the greatest thing about the PSP was it's capabilities when hacked. Not just the cool and useful apps, but also the way one could take the games they already own, and play them on it. Of course, those a-holes at Sony are dead set in making people buy the same games again and again if you want to continue playing them on new systems. It's almost like Sony went to the game devs and said, "We know you're not making as much money as you should be thanks to the pirates, but we'll help make up for it by making the people who do spend their hard earned money on games buy them over and over!".

Yeah, I'm not happy with Sony.
Well said rezard! I've had my monster hunter 2 umd for years! then the psp go came with no umd slot... crap... I'm not that willing to pay 30+ bucks for a game that I already have!

Though... milan has a point too.. when the PSP came into the picture, it had crappy games too.... But then again... The PSP2 would have good games in the future... but It'll cost loads of money and the Games will cost More Craps of money!...

Yes it would be quite fun to play games on your old console on your new console...

GBA -> NDS
GBA -> PSP
N64 -> PSP
PSX -> PSP
PSX -> PS3