PSX Emulation
Any plans to ever add PSX emulation capabilities to this emulator? Reason I ask is because I have a 64-bit machine, and ePSXe refuses to load on my computer. Since that project seems to be semi-dead, I thought maybe PCSX2 was my best bet for PSX emulation.

For those wondering what happens when I try to boot ePSXe, I get the following error message: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

If you're wondering, here are my specs:
Dell XPS 17
Processor: Core i7-740
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 445m
RAM: 8 gb DDR3

Thanks!

Sponsored links

try turning off UAC or right clicking epsxe and running as administrator.

we have no plans currently. It is a PS2 emulator, if you want a PS1 emulator, stick to the PS1 emulators, there should be no reason why they shouldnt work.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

That's what I thought as well, but for whatever reason, it doesn't want to work. Tried turning off UAC, running as admin, re-installing, etc, and nothing. Figured maybe it was because it's not a native 64-bit client, and therefore just doesn't like my computer.

Also posed the same question over at the ePSXe forums, hoping I get an answer there.

Thanks for the help though =)
all 32bit apps should be compatible with 64bit windows, this is what i dont understand... Have you tried pSXEmulator? http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

its much more modern than epsxe, good emu.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Just downloaded it, and it works perfectly, so I'll be using that for now (thank you!).

But the reason I wanted ePSXe was for the graphics plugins. Really weird that I can't get ePSXe to even open without getting that error message. *sigh*
I know this is off topic to PCSX2, but what error did you get, what version of ePSXe, and what version of windows are you using?
I know that problem!
You'll never find out, believe me Tongue2

The fix is to disable "Data Execution Prevention" either in your mainboards BIOS or in Windows.

This took me ages to find in the depths of the net, dunno why it doesn't come up more often.