PSX compatibility
I figure this "might" be one truth full things on april 1st , if true I just dont understand what it maters cause to do this one has to emulate the ps1 parts which have nothing to do with helping ps2 emulation.

Guess could be good thing "if" it becomes better then epsxe and the other ps1 emulator that name escapes me atm. by that i mean playability and graphically. other wise i dont see point in put resources in to this. at this point the gsdx cant even be used in hw mode for ps1 games when u use the gsdx in the other emulators.

I interested in video none the less. btw i hate you i know have that urge to go play some ps1 games i never beat, and already have huge list of game from ps2/ps3/pc games i never got around to beating hah

(04-02-2015, 01:25 AM)willkuer Wrote: The bottom left corner of the screenshot looks a bit odd.. Wink

wouldnt know i never really play the game. does the "passwords" not belong there?

Sponsored links

well part of the psx emulation on the ps2 was done in software mode. Therefore it just behaves as another (special) game. If you would emulate all parts of the ps2 perfectly it would work for psx games as well. If this will lead to a better IOP timing or whatever it might bring as well Harry Potter games to playable...

Quote:wouldnt know i never really play the game. does the "passwords" not belong there?

No there is a pixel error in the transition from UI window and gs content. You need to zoom in to see it.

I'll release the source code later too
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
inb4 extremely elaborate april fool's prank

If this is actually true, then damn. Can't wait 'til GT2 becomes possible to emulate.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-02-2015, 01:26 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I figure this "might" be one truth full things on april 1st , if true I just dont understand what it maters cause to do this one has to emulate the ps1 parts which have nothing to do with helping ps2 emulation.

Guess could be good thing "if" it becomes better then epsxe and the other ps1 emulator that name escapes me atm. by that i mean playability and graphically. other wise i dont see point in put resources in to this. at this point the gsdx cant even be used in hw mode for ps1 games when u use the gsdx in the other emulators.

It coud lead to overall more precise PS2 emulation, therefore increasing compatibility, which is obviously a thing we want.
(04-02-2015, 01:43 AM)Rassane Wrote: It coud lead to overall more precise PS2 emulation, therefore increasing compatibility, which is obviously a thing we want.

Dead on the nail, my friend. If we get fast and accurate PS1 emulation on PCSX2 then PS2 emulation should be a breeze.
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
i dont see how emulating ps1 games helps ps2 emulations seeing there 2 diffrent architectures. if help emulate ps2 great.
(04-02-2015, 01:49 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: i dont see how emulating ps1 games helps ps2 emulations seeing there 2 diffrent architectures. if help emulate ps2 great.

Emulating the PS1 under the PS2 is emulating the hardware of the PS1 under the PS2 BIOS. This does aid emulation of the PS2 as emulation of a console under an emulation of a console is naturally really complicated and hard.

what would ;e; do
(04-02-2015, 01:52 AM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Emulating the PS1 under the PS2 is emulating the hardware of the PS1 under the PS2 BIOS. This does aid emulation of the PS2 as emulation of a console under an emulation of a console is naturally really complicated and hard.

i understand that but ps1 game are the same architecture of ps2 game

It aid in emulator the ps2 as whole which get it does not aid in the emulation of ps2 games, cause it different architecture atlest i dont see how emulating the emulator of ps1 games helps ps2 games
It doesn't directly help, but the PS2 CAN play PS1 games with the SAME chips we are emulating. So the fact that we used not to be able to shows an accuracy issue. Increasing the accuracy is really the main goal - if PSX games run, even slowly, we know we are that much closer to having 100% compatibility with PS2 games as well.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD