PSX compatibilty
(11-17-2016, 05:57 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You must've missed it. Blyss posted it in the earlier thread in the software/hardware section and it was posted elsewhere and on github as well IIRC.

I must have
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Aye, discussion was here and ran about a page:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-psx-mode?...#pid536681
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-18-2016, 12:03 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Aye, discussion was here and ran about a page:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-psx-mode?...#pid536681

ok so it's been observed but nothing has happened or been discovered.

Only thing that was discovered by me is that it's definitely more stable using IOP interpreter. Many games that don't boot at all or crash with the recompiler work with interpreter.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Saga Frontier crashes going into battles with "unknown IOP opcodes" that appear to be garbage (checked them in a MIPS parser). Interpreter is fine.
It feels like it's a timing problem or some unknown issue, not a bad recompiler opcode. But everything's possible ;p
Sounds like a bad jump to me

Possible, yea. Any idea how to test that? Can we interpret just all jumps?
Possibly, the ee rec has those defines in place for that, not sure if the iop does without looking

Hi , I have an info to tell about this ps1 emulation , some games are plays too fast (silent hill for exemple is near perfect in software mode but unplayable due to this issue) , I suspect that the IOP processor is not underclocked but I am not a coder , just an idea Smile .
A another info , the EETimingHack , the IOP set to interpreter and GSDX set to OpenGL software render fix some non booting game and graphical error(Toy story 2, Titan wars, Driver 2, 007 Tomorow never die "This game load with these hack but crash the emulator").