Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patch and burn to play on the console
Hi. I'm interested in widescreen patches for my Silent Hill games, but I don't wanna play in pcsx2, but in the console. I put it in a HDD but the loaders aren't working, don't know why, maybe my Matrix clone...

Now I'm thinking about patch the original game and burn the patched version in a DVD-R to play it in the real console.

Can be done? How?

Sponsored links

If i'm not mistaken, these patches are made specifically around the way pcsx2 operates, so in the actual machine, the addresses are wrong. You probably have to convert them back, but don't ask me how about this Tongue
(05-30-2012, 07:41 AM)Coornio Wrote: If i'm not mistaken, these patches are made specifically around the way pcsx2 operates, so in the actual machine, the addresses are wrong. You probably have to convert them back, but don't ask me how about this Tongue

the addresses are the same AFAIK vsub do this all the time he make cheats / patches on PCSX2 then run them on his PS2 because his PC is too weak to play any game Laugh
My problem is I don't know how is made a PS2 game, but I gess it's with some SDK provided by Sony... so I'm kind lost trying to patch the game.

The problem is that I'm using software for cheat the game (unlimited lives, etc.) for a truly modifying, as widescreen hack. On the other hand, is not the same as translating the game or putting more teams on PES that is really a PATCH. As I understood, there is only one change of a extended value in an address to make SH3 widescreen. Two ideas came into my mind: open the right archive, modify, save and publish the game again; or open the ISO, find the address, modify, burn!

And, yes, got no machine to run PCSX2 :-( GMA... Graphic Media Annihilator...
(05-30-2012, 07:41 AM)Coornio Wrote: If i'm not mistaken, these patches are made specifically around the way pcsx2 operates, so in the actual machine, the addresses are wrong. You probably have to convert them back, but don't ask me how about this Tongue

I'd test the SH3 widescreen hack in PS2 console with CodeBreaker 10 and it works!!! I also tested the SH2 hack and didn't but probably because I got the Greatest Hits version that is another build. I this case, I'll have to search for the new address and the value will probably be the same.
(05-30-2012, 08:19 AM)abdo123 Wrote: ...because his PC is too weak to play any game Laugh

That was a bit exaggerated Tongue2...I can play some 2D or 2.5D games at full speed.

The codes are the same on pcsx2 and on PS2.