Pc turns off while playing some games
The only game in PCSX2 I can play for hours now is Twisted metal Head on....

In cases of games like Hunter: The Reckoning Wayward, Godhand, and the 2 Resident evil outbreaks. My PC turns off for no reason. As in turn off like there is a blackout, It doesnt shuts down. It just turns off for no reason.

Here are my specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ADMIN-PC
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, 2493 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 080015, 1/9/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Admin-PC\Admin
Time Zone China Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 508 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.14 GB
Page File Space 2.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

The games actually runs fast when i play them, but I get this random blackouts.

Sponsored links

Did you think it could be an overheating problem? Your computer in such a case turns itself off to prevent damage to the CPU.
Download Coretemp or Realtemp and check you temperatures like Cornio said.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
geez, My motherboard, memory cards,video cards are all brand new and i thought all of my computer problems were over....

I just installed real temp, its says my computer is 48 to 50 Celsius.

Is that a bad thing?
40-50 when running pcsx2 or without ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Oh wait, you said it's just a blackdown while the computer still runs. You should elaborate. Is sound still heard? Do things seems like they work normally despite the black screen? If so, that points to a GPU problem which may be through its drivers or the hardware itself.
I tried it while running resident evil outbreak, it raises to 54.. I dont know if it increases more if I start playing.

Temp doesn't increase with Twisted Metal though.

(02-08-2014, 06:26 PM)Coornio Wrote: Oh wait, you said it's just a blackdown while the computer still runs. You should elaborate. Is sound still heard? Do things seems like they work normally despite the black screen? If so, that points to a GPU problem which may be through its drivers or the hardware itself.

It turns off without shutting down. As in no sound and the monitor turns off. I dont have these problems before I upgraded my computer.
what graphics card? what does the psu say? oem pc suggest a standard one. and what happens when you play a demanding pc game? it might be power shortage if the psu is too weak. the graphics card sucks the mainboard dry. thus not even bluescreening.

wild guess. Smile
geforce 9500 It can handle games like devil may cry 4 PC version and call of duty games.
okay. that graphics card isn't that heavy. what's the psu tho? manufacturer, and how many watts?

and check the temperatures also with another tool, and WHILE PLAYING some demanding sections.

i'd suggest you also get gpu-z and monitor the graphics card. when it's "underfed" by the cpu it doesn't fully load thus not triggering the blackouts. pc games tend to balance the load by a single core. not triggering it. but pcsx2 wants it all under circumstances. when it's not enough power it goes down.