PcsX2 crashing when using cheats
Hello to everyone that's reading this post, I could use some help with PcsX2 crashing every time i try to use cheats. 

The game I'm playing is Persona 4, I've already played through it a total of 5 times and i wanted to fool around a little bit in this new playthrough so I decide to use some cheats. And that's where the problem starts. 
Whenever i try to use cheats the games boots up in the right way but as soo as there is a loading screen it crashes. I'll provide both the .pnach file that i'm using and the emuLog of the error. Also before using the .pnach file i renamed it with the CRC taken directly from the console. 
I hope that someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong/ It's not working. 

Thanks in advance to everyone  Biggrin

Attached Files
.pnach   117D1977.pnach (Size: 21,56 KB / Downloads: 495)
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 7,7 KB / Downloads: 174)

Sponsored links

That pnach file is a huge mess. I suggest you remake it and make sure you properly comment out stuff that you don't want to be read/activated by PCSX2.
Certain codes also contain 'xx and yy' in there still, make sure you go over the codes and that they are corrected with proper values instead of xx and yy.

Furthermore - you also have Widescreen patches in there. Get rid of those. They should only be in the widescreen pnach or cheats_ws.zip file.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(07-29-2017, 01:08 AM)Ryudo Wrote: That pnach file is a huge mess. I suggest you remake it and make sure you properly comment out stuff that you don't want to be read/activated by PCSX2.
Certain codes also contain 'xx and yy' in there still, make sure you go over the codes and that they are corrected with proper values instead of xx and yy.

Furthermore - you also have Widescreen patches in there. Get rid of those. They should only be in the widescreen pnach or cheats_ws.zip file.

Thank for the infos, I got that pnach file from a post in this forum, I'll also try to get rid of the Widescreen patches.
Proper formatting is basically this:

Code:
//Cheat 1 (Turned on)
patch=1,EE,00000000,extended,00000000

//Cheat 2 (Turned off)
//patch=1,EE,00000000,extended,00000000

I noticed a whole bunch of lines where the cheat names were not commented out at all, and some lines also had /// in front of them instead of //, or just 1 /.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)