Pcsx 1.0?
Spinning Brain!!!

PCSX2 1.0 is the latest official release
Lost in the Vastness of Mugen.

Sponsored links

It is all the same team, the program is open source, so the 1.1.0 versions are ones we have automatically compiled from the source code for people to use.

1.0.0 was the last official "stable" release, the 1.1.0 builds are classed as "unstable" (although in reality stability isnt much different or improved Tongue) so try the latest SVN builds (1.1.0 versions), if you have problems, drop back to 1.0.0
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

@refraction don't use x.x.x versions or he will get confused again.

btw, you can't call the 1.1.0 unstable although it is just an upgrade, newer version adds better compatibility with games and new features.
Unstable compared to the widely tested 'stable' releases.
billyash all these websites just use our source code and compile (create the exe) from it. We do not support downloading our builds from other websites, you can do so from our official page for it here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Debian user's will be used with that "unstable" naming, for is how is called the development repository not yet tested by the distro team.

That numbering was introduced by Linux also to differentiate well tested kernels from those in development. It's actually a sensible and easy way to identify a kernel warranted for production environment from those used by enthusiast and people willing the "bleeding edge" innovations, for testing purposes or whatever reason where the inherent risks from being developed software is not a factor.

In PCSX2 that distinction is far less critical for there is no sense in thinking a "production environment" (meaning "don't mess with the winning team"). Still it is useful for allowing the common user to have an "official" release they don't need to be updating almost constantly unless experimenting particular issues in a being played game.

On the other hand, the SVN is great way to provide innovations available to willing testers who should be aware they will be using a version that could have newly introduced bugs possibly harming previous playable games. Yet the advantages of the new enhancements is much greater than those "possible" bugs.

Resuming: If one is just wanting to play games, he/she should simply use the official release and things will work fine in most modern machines for most games.

Or may be that user who acknowledge the risk and is willing to provide "expert" bug reports and will not start a thread screaming "HEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP, my game worked fine in the previous version".

Finally, the SVN can be in a way considered as stable as the official release itself and the common user should try it if experimenting issues or simply willing to get the newest version at install time even if not willing to be constantly downloading new buildings (revisions), sometimes several in a single day.
Imagination is where we are truly real
And also that svn not avalaible in orphis build. Only on the site I mention above :s...
(11-17-2012, 01:59 AM)billyash Wrote: And also that svn not avalaible in orphis build. Only on the site I mention above :s...

If you want the actual SVN you should get it directly at the google code PCSX2 project pages. To most people, the compiled versions reached from the main PCSX2 page may suffice.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Since I don't own PC internet connection, all I to do is download source code and lean on official and that site above...Tongue2
(11-17-2012, 11:35 AM)billyash Wrote: Since I don't own PC internet connection, all I to do is download source code and lean on official and that site above...Tongue2

You don't own a PC internet connection? then how you are here?
In pcsx2 1.0 there some fixes compare to last version.it is bit faster than 0.9.8 in hardware more. But it is best than all. I tried it.