Pcsx 2 load sometime faster, sometime slower
Hello
I am new in using pcsx2 and I have noticed that when pcsx2 loads faster then my game also plays a lot faster with the same configuration. But sometimes Pcsx2 load slower and then it slows down my games.

For example when i lauch pcs2 i get sometimes
(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 339ms)
and in that case my games are fast, very fast but sometimes i get

(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 1039ms) and in that case my games are very slow

Can somebody help ? How do I do to get it to load faster always ?

Sponsored links

thats depends what else is running on your machine at the time. If you have a lot of things running in the background then that will slow you down. Might be time to do a clean up of your PC, maybe do a malware scan.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you But I have restarted my machine and close everything. And when i DO a malware scan I get no malware with AVG. How do I do to know what is running in the background ? I did Ctrl + alt+ del and used the task manager but i DO not see anything unusual. Sometimes when I close everything, it loads faster, and sometimes it loads faster only when I have other programs opened
I have an I7-2630qm with 6 Gb ram

Is there a way of finding what is running in the background and causing this ?

Thanks
(06-02-2015, 03:35 PM)martha Wrote: Hello
I am new in using pcsx2 and I have noticed that when pcsx2 loads faster then my game also plays a lot faster with the same configuration. But sometimes Pcsx2 load slower and then it slows down my games.

For example when i lauch pcs2 i get sometimes
(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 339ms)
and in that case my games are fast, very fast but sometimes i get

(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 1039ms) and in that case my games are very slow

Can somebody help ? How do I do to get it to load faster always ?

monitor the resource usage during those two instances and compare them and get rid of the unnecessary background process to save some load.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
AVG is awful at finding malware, get malwarebytes free and run that.

(06-02-2015, 04:12 PM)martha Wrote: Is there a way of finding what is running in the background and causing this ?

usually, I try disabling the startup programs which have more than medium impact in startup according to taskmanager. if that's your case then you could easily restore back to your initial speed before the resources get used by doing a restart on your system and using PCSX2 immediately afterwards. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-02-2015, 04:32 PM)ssakash Wrote: usually, I try disabling the startup programs which have more than medium impact in startup according to taskmanager. if that's your case then you could easily restore back to your initial speed before the resources get used by doing a restart on your system and using PCSX2 immediately afterwards. Smile

Tks Can I add PCSX2 to the statup ? Is there a way of doing that so that as soon as my laptop starts, Pcsx2 will be executed ?
(06-02-2015, 04:25 PM)refraction Wrote: AVG is awful at finding malware, get malwarebytes free and run that.

Ok thanks will do that right now
(06-02-2015, 06:13 PM)martha Wrote: Tks Can I add PCSX2 to the statup ? Is there a way of doing that so that as soon as my laptop starts, Pcsx2 will be executed ?

You can add a shortcut to the exe on startup if you want, but you really want PCSX2 to start "every" time you start your pc? it won't make it any faster by making it start on boot.

(06-02-2015, 06:13 PM)martha Wrote: Tks Can I add PCSX2 to the statup ? Is there a way of doing that so that as soon as my laptop starts, Pcsx2 will be executed ?

why not just do it the manual way ? won't be much difference.
- Refraction