Pcsx2 isn't working as it should be on my Computer, any help?
Hi everyone, this is my first post so nice to meet you all.
I've got some issues with pcsx2 on my computer, an Acer Aspire 5542 updated to windows 10 with all the drivers installed correctly.
It has a AMD Athlon II X2 processor (2.0 GHz), an ATI Radeon HD 4200 up to 1919 MB HyperMemory (it actually works as a 256mb) and 4gb ram.
So i wanted to play Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and it's just a mess. I found a way to make it work almost decent, but still not enought to be enjoyable.
I'm using pcsx2 1.4.0 installed with the exe file (so it downloaded all the components needed), i use a ps4 controller and it works just fine. My main problem is the fps, works totally fine on menu but go on 10-50% in game. This is the only configuration that makes it works almost good as far as i know.
Any help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Both your CPU and your GPU are very weak (potentially, do you know which Athlon II X2 you have?), you will struggle to get good framerates on that computer I'm afraid.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-16-2017, 10:47 PM)refraction Wrote: Both your CPU and your GPU are very weak (potentially, do you know which Athlon II X2 you have?), you will struggle to get good framerates on that computer I'm afraid.

Athlon II X2 M300. I know my specs are very weak, was just wondering if, maybe slowing down a bit graphics, i can get a good framerate. I mean, i played GTA 4 on this computer (with the lower settings) and The sims 3 on full settings, i hope i can do the same with pcsx :/
Native PC gaming is different from emulation.
Tuning down the graphic quality won't help in your case.

Back to your real ps2 console, I'm afraid
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It looks like you've done most of the graphics tweaks, you could try enabling the "Allow 8bit textures" box, to see if that helps. Unfortunately we can't reduce the graphics in the games to help further Sad

You could also try the MTVU speedhack, sometimes it helps dual core CPU's so it may help, possibly.

But yeah that CPU has a single thread performance of 640, we recommend around 3 times that to get reasonable speeds, so miracles may not be performed on this day im afraid!

(03-16-2017, 10:59 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Native PC gaming is different from emulation.
Tuning down the graphic quality won't help in your case.

Back to your real ps2 console, I'm afraid

I no longer have a ps2, only ps4 Sad

(03-16-2017, 11:00 PM)refraction Wrote: It looks like you've done most of the graphics tweaks, you could try enabling the "Allow 8bit textures" box, to see if that helps. Unfortunately we can't reduce the graphics in the games to help further Sad

You could also try the MTVU speedhack, sometimes it helps dual core CPU's so it may help, possibly.

But yeah that CPU has a single thread performance of 640, we recommend around 3 times that to get reasonable speeds, so miracles may not be performed on this day im afraid!

I'm going to try that, i'll keep u updated. Oh, i tried to overclock my gpu ( Laugh ) but i really am not a good "hacker"
thread reopened after the user proved he actually owns a PS2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-16-2017, 11:00 PM)refraction Wrote: It looks like you've done most of the graphics tweaks, you could try enabling the "Allow 8bit textures" box, to see if that helps. Unfortunately we can't reduce the graphics in the games to help further Sad

Okay, the "allow 8bit texture" setting was really useful, now i can play on a decent framerate. I feel like i can still do more, actually. I'm playing with the GameFix section, let's see what happens. If i can get a fully working game, i'll post all the specs for everybody else that has my same problem. Is that a reason i can't use the OpenGL since acer says i have those libraryes?
The gamefixes section won't do anything for speed. The only one which "might" help is the EE Timing Fix, but it might also break things, so be warned.

I wouldn't expect too much from your computer though.

(03-17-2017, 12:34 AM)refraction Wrote: The gamefixes section won't do anything for speed.  The only one which "might" help is the EE Timing Fix, but it might also break things, so be warned.

I wouldn't expect too much from your computer though.

It's the EE Timing Hack?