Pcsx2 0.9.6 runs slow after a while
Question 
I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?
If im playing say, Tales of the Abyss, it plays fine, but after a hour or 2 of just doing other things on the pc and not running pcsx2, and then going back to playing ToA,
the emulator now runs much slower than it did when i played it for the first time?....anyone?

Sponsored links

Maybe it's because using your pc you feel the cache of the ram, or u've got any programs or process running in background that requires some resources (like antivirus, antyspyware). Pcsx2 need fast pc and lot of ram to running fast with some 3d games.
It could be that, i guess the longer you run the pc the more the programs access and use up your ram.
Got more than enough ram though, OCZ fatality 4 gig.
Guess i should just restart everytime i want to use pcsx2 Glare
Most likely it's because of this.I don't have that problem since I have a lot of optimizations on my windows(XP SP2)
No, not a RAM issue. PCSX2 is totally not affected by that Tongue2
What I'd suggest is that you close all unneeded programms. Especially any browser windows with youtube vids running.
If the above suggestions don't work then it means your Comouter is heating up. You need to clean it from the inside. An overheating computer slows down after some time of operation.
Thanks for all the advice guys, will defently try it.
Might just be the heating, i have two fans on my tower, one in front and one on the side, the inside is clean, but
my HD4850 graphics card heats up like ....like i dont know Wacko bout 65deg, but will try running the fan on 100% speed and try
to unload any unused Dll memory.
Thanks for the help everyone.
I have this problem as well, not only will it slow down my PC after it is finished, but it will slow down my PC each time I boot up. I receive an instant message: I see the flashing notice 10 seconds before I hear the sound notice..

Restoring my system fixed this. 4 times.
(03-13-2009, 12:09 PM)Madchicken Wrote: Thanks for all the advice guys, will defently try it.
Might just be the heating, i have two fans on my tower, one in front and one on the side, the inside is clean, but
my HD4850 graphics card heats up like ....like i dont know Wacko bout 65deg, but will try running the fan on 100% speed and try
to unload any unused Dll memory.
Thanks for the help everyone.

65ÂșC isn't really hot for a GPU. It's pretty OK.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

gpus generally can take better temperatures than cpus so yeah 65 degrees is still okay for a gpu under load.
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk