Pcsx2 0.9.7 on new pc
Information 
I got a new pc recently and want to setup my pc so I can play RPGs (mostly arc the lad twilight of the spirits) but the cutscenes are slow and during gameplay the music is out of sync. Can anyone help me figure out what settings I should have for the specs of my pc?

Toshiba
Intel i5 processor (2.53 ghz)
4gb ram
32bit op system
Windows 7 home premium (thinking of upgrading to ultimate)

Can anyone help out?

Sponsored links

PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS % numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Fps: 15.93-16.12
Ee: 12-18%
gs: 95-100%
ui: 0-1%

Also I am using the gsdx 3068 (msvc 15.00, sse3) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse3-r3068] plugin
Renderer: direct3d10/11 (software)
Try switching to a (Hardware) renderer.
What is your graphics card? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Direct3d10/11 (hardware) fps 19.83 - 20.06 gs 19-22%

All game fixes ticked
Speedhacks EE Cyclerate at 3
Enable intc spin detection ticked
Enable bifco spin detection ticked
Iop x2 cycle rate hack ticked
Mvu flag hack ticked
Mvu min/max hack ticked

Disable framelimiting ticked

Base framerate adjust 100%
slow motion adjust 33%
turbo adjust 300%

NTSC framerate 70 fps
Pal framerate 70 fps

Frameskipping disabled

Everything else is standard

Graphics card ati mobility radeon 5145
Alright, your GPU is not bad, but it's not quite fantastic. If you still have GSdx on what was default (I think it's 1024x1024), try setting it too native resolution to help eliminate any slowdown that may be on your GPU's end.

That seems to be an old version of PCSX2. Download the latest official build in the stickied thread above.

Disable all gamefixes. Using all of them won't help any in the first place. Also, you should be able to tone down the Speedhack use with this game. Just simply enable them and use as little of the 2 sliders as you can to get decent speed. Too much of them can cause problems.

Also, try not to change a bunch of settings from default. Setting the GSdx plugin to the highest SSE your CPU supports (for you, SSE4) and changing to Direct3D11 are good ideas. Other than what I've mentioned, nothing else should need to be messed with (for this game).
The speed increases/decreases at intervals and when I get to meeting Maru (atl:tots) it drops to bout 15-25 fps. Anyone?
The speedhacks are tooooo high, you should avoid getting past the second notch. Too messed by now too.

The advise is to you to delete the pcsx2.ini and let the emulator recreate it from scratch.

From there be a bit more conservative when applying hacks. the low EE and GS load lets clear things are fully messed there.

Actually, if the game is installed under the C:\Program files (x86) or any other protected folder you should consider reinstalling it on a user created directory, something like C:\Games... should do the trick.

Above all avoid changing the PAL and NTSC values unless absolutely necessary.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Didn't really help. Maybe I just can't play it the way I want to. Oh well thanks anyway everyone. If you can think of anything to help me let me know.
How can I make it go faster through cut scenes?