Pcsx2 1.0 Slow motion on Medal of Honor Frontline
My specs:
Amd Fx 6100 Six core -3.3ghz
16gb Ram
Nvidia gtx 650 2gb
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit with media center

Medal of Honor Frontline is the only game that does this
I get around 200 fps on other games but only 20 - 30 when i play Medal of Honor. The game also stays very slow motion throughout, its unplayable.

Any help would be most appreciated
Thanks Biggrin

Sponsored links

you could try software mode with extra rendering threads set to 4 or 5.
apart from that, your best bet would be getting a better CPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-01-2013, 07:03 PM)AdamNico Wrote: My specs:
Amd Fx 6100 Six core -3.3ghz
16gb Ram
Nvidia gtx 650 2gb
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit with media center

Medal of Honor Frontline is the only game that does this
I get around 200 fps on other games but only 20 - 30 when i play Medal of Honor. The game also stays very slow motion throughout, its unplayable.

Any help would be most appreciated
Thanks Biggrin
have you tried one of the latest svn builds ? http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

saddly i don't have that game but info on it can be found here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Medal-of-...8-U--29435

info above is from links from the compatibility page http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=M (page 3)

(if you want to see the games status plus the settings used to test it left click on the game in question)
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Any none default settings you use?
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I have downloaded the latest svn build and it still ran in slow motion with bad fps and now for some reason all of my games do this. I dont see why my computer cannot handle these when it can play skyrim and battlefield 3 on ultra at 80+fps...
Is there any settings I could add or change?
because your cpu's architecture isn't good for single threaded applications such as pcsx2.
did you try what I suggested ?

Quote:I dont see why my computer cannot handle these when it can play skyrim and battlefield 3 on ultra at 80+fps.
please don't compare native pc games to emulated games. It's a ridiculous nonsense.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-01-2013, 11:48 PM)AdamNico Wrote: my computer cannot handle these when it can play skyrim and battlefield 3 on ultra at 80+fps...

Playing skyrim is like having a nice conversation in English with someone else who speaks English.

Playing a PS2 game via PCSX2 is like only speaking English and trying to communicate with someone who only speaks Mandarin. It takes a lot more effort to keep up with that conversation, constantly having to refer to translation dictionaries, all the while keeping the conversation from slowing down at all. Try it some time, and once you do you'll start to have a lot more respect both for what PCSX2 essentially does, and how amazingly powerful today's PCs really are.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-01-2013, 08:16 PM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: have you tried one of the latest svn builds ? http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

saddly i don't have that game but info on it can be found here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Medal-of-...8-U--29435

info above is from links from the compatibility page http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=M (page 3)

(if you want to see the games status plus the settings used to test it left click on the game in question)

(08-01-2013, 11:50 PM)jesalvein Wrote: because your cpu's architecture isn't good for single threaded applications such as pcsx2.
did you try what I suggested ?

please don't compare native pc games to emulated games. It's a ridiculous nonsense.

(08-02-2013, 07:31 AM)Koji Wrote: Playing skyrim is like having a nice conversation in English with someone else who speaks English.

Playing a PS2 game via PCSX2 is like only speaking English and trying to communicate with someone who only speaks Mandarin. It takes a lot more effort to keep up with that conversation, constantly having to refer to translation dictionaries, all the while keeping the conversation from slowing down at all. Try it some time, and once you do you'll start to have a lot more respect both for what PCSX2 essentially does, and how amazingly powerful today's PCs really are.
It was perhaps stupid of me comparing pcsx2 and pc games but you do see where I am coming from it is a little strange. Now I understand emulators more after doing a little research and I realise what they do and how amazing the software is.
Anyhow I set the Direct X to software mode and took the threads to 4, still slow motion but slightly better fps (30)
The game only seems to lag when there is lots of things going on e.g the beach part of medal of honor frontline, however when I look at the sky i get 60 fps and its super smooth.
Again I ask, does anybody else have this problem?
what settings did you change if you fixed it?
(08-01-2013, 11:48 PM)AdamNico Wrote: I have downloaded the latest svn build and it still ran in slow motion with bad fps and now for some reason all of my games do this. I dont see why my computer cannot handle these when it can play skyrim and battlefield 3 on ultra at 80+fps...
Is there any settings I could add or change?

tbh it happens that way sometimes, my advice is go back to the revision that served you bestSmile

i find it best to keep a few revisions zipped and labeled with save states and memory cards, that way i know that i can unzip them and play them at the same speed /level of detail as before

have you read this " For a detailed description of every single option you can always refer to the full guide "
it might helpSmile
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
I have this game, it seems to take a lot to get it at full speed. I was getting about 45-60fps, most of the dips coming from lots of stuff going on on-screen. It's worth noting that the actual framerate of this game was terrible on the original PS2 version as well. I just said "screw it" and went back to playing the PS3 HD version. Tongue

Only thing you could do is either overclock the CPU you have right now, or buy a better one.