Pcsx2 1.0 ?
Yeah I meant that you can play them from to beginning to end without trouble - slight errors aren't a part of that, those will probably happen even when emulating PS2 games say 30 years from now (if PCs like these even exist anymore).

Though, I'm sure by the end of it all there's going to be games that just won't cooperate and therefore be forever broken. Let's just try to make sure that those aren't good games anyway (meaning the only broken games left are ones that nobody plays anyway).

Right now there are some good games that are broken and I hope they get fixed soon, but there are others that I think that hardly anybody will care about. I don't mean to be inconsiderate of others who have different opinions, but ya know... who's going to want to play a generic boxing game? Not me...

Sponsored links

(05-30-2012, 05:32 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: I do feel that 1.0 should be coming very soon, though I have a feeling that the dev team won't do that until all games are 100% playable.(...)
From your post it's pretty clear that you confuse version 1.0 with something final and complete, that doesn't happen here.
1.0 will be more or less exact what you see in SVN with small changes and potentially even reverting things which weren't tested enough. After that next svn versions will simply be called something like 1.0.1 and continue with improvements.

1.0 will surely bring alot, but most of it was already seen by anyone using svn versions;3. PCSX2 will not end on it, well and nobody really wishes for that(Sony at most;3).
Ah, alright.

You see, I thought the dev team was determined to make sure that 1.0 was their finishing version, and therefore the most complete one, which to me would explain why a 1.0 hasn't been released after so long of making the emulator.

I also thought that there would be an ultimate end where, when they do complete PCSX2, that they will move on to new projects (though I feel doubtful that emulators for XBox360 or PS3 will be attempted for a long time) - I am not considering that they plan to work on a PS2 emulator forever O.o
Uh no v1 just signifies that the program has reached a decent working level with good compatibility, stability and speed. It does not mean a complete, ultimate version or anything like that Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
*Remembers PocketNES version numbers*

9.7 ...
9.8 ...
9.9 ...

Oh the anticipation!!

9.91 *troll face* ...
9.92 ...
9.93 ...

FUUUUUUU!

Last version was 9.98
Haha, yea that's evil Tongue2
It's a good example of how the Half Life series progresses from 2 to 3.

Half-Life 2... Half-Life...TWO, EPISODE ONE! HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 2!

Next : Half-Life 2 Episode Two Chapter One.

But yeah if we're already at 0.98 surely we're gonna hit triple digits with this.
(05-30-2012, 10:27 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Right now there are some good games that are broken and I hope they get fixed soon, but there are others that I think that hardly anybody will care about. I don't mean to be inconsiderate of others who have different opinions, but ya know... who's going to want to play a generic boxing game? Not me...

I hope that one day Jak X get's fixed, I'd love to play with the online plugin and on HD on my copy as I never had an internet adaptor for my PS2 Sad
Only thing I want to be fixed is Forbidden Siren 2, everything else that I've played/tested so far is playable more or less
(05-30-2012, 02:12 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: It's a good example of how the Half Life series progresses from 2 to 3.

Half-Life 2... Half-Life...TWO, EPISODE ONE! HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 2!

Next : Half-Life 2 Episode Two Chapter One.

But yeah if we're already at 0.98 surely we're gonna hit triple digits with this.

don't even hope coz valve don't know how to count until 3