Pcsx2 32bit vs 64bit performance
Hey, I was just curious to if its normal to see a performance loss when switching from x86 (32-bit) to x64 (64-bit) when staying with the same hardware, I ask because I was using a distro derived from Ubuntu 11.04 x86 a couple days ago, running Pcsx2 at pretty much full speed on Persona 4, tonight I upgraded to their 11.10 x64 release, and saw a massive performance loss, the starting screen went down to 25~35 frames a second and the game overall dropped to about 40 frames per second.
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6ghz
8gb G.Skill ripjaws@1600mhz
ASRock M3A770DE
Windows 7 ultimate x64
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Pcsx2 0.9.9

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is 32bits only. So you use the 32bits library of your x64 system. For me, there is no difference. In worst case, the difference will be minimum.

Did you upgrade PCSX2 in the process, maybe latest revision are slower. Or your have an issue with your GPU drivers.
Well I've got ia32-libs and Multiarch support (I dunno if they're conflicting in some way with eachother?) and I installed my graphics drivers how I always do, go to the AMD site and download the 5xxx HD drivers and install through sudo sh /home/insertname/Downloads/filename.run
ASRock M3A770DE
Windows 7 ultimate x64
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Pcsx2 0.9.9
be aware that pcsx2 need the 32 bits interface of the driver not the 64 bits one. mutiarch and ia32 in the same time is ppossible. I didn't find any issue on my system. I suggest to look at zzogl log and check that Direct rendering is enabled .
Pfft, well I feel like a dumb(insert colorful language here) I never went too far into the linux version last time i installed cause it just worked, I didn't have to tweak it or anything last time, and when i went in to check my plugins i was missing the zzogl video plugin (which i know for a fact I had enabled last time) and had GSdx (GCC 4.6.1 SSE2) 0.1.16 [libGSdx-0.1.16] enabled, which I have to guess is a directx video plugin. Though why it came without ZZogl this time is beyond me...
ASRock M3A770DE
Windows 7 ultimate x64
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Pcsx2 0.9.9
Ok I understand. GSdx runs on linux (actually the SW SDL renderer, slower but more accurate). ZZogl probably dissapears because you miss the install of some dependencies. I mean 32 bits dependency. The easyest way to find them it to use the command ldd on the zzogl plugin so file.