Pcsx2-5715
I'm using this version just fine.
The only thing that is a little annoying to me is:
I cant open Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings...
Pcsx2 will go "PCSX2 has stopped working" immediately once I click on that last step.

The gsdx version for pscx2-5715 (GSdx32-SSSE3) seems to be the problem here.

I know this because the currently most stable pscx2 version (1.0.0) with (gsdx32-ssse3-r5350) allows me to change the video plugins without issues.
But I often try to find new improvements to boost my gaming experience, so I was hoping to update the program.

I believe there is some compatibility issue here, but I dont know computers that well to check.

Anyhow, if somebody could tell me why I cant open the video plugin settings, that'd be great.
Thank you.

Sponsored links

what is your CPU if you have Phenom or older AMD you need to use SSE2 GSdx plug-in

(08-13-2013, 02:00 PM)Acary Wrote: but I dont know computers that well to check.

you will be able to see it the pcsx2's console log or run CPU-Z
(08-13-2013, 02:34 PM)smartstrike Wrote: what is your CPU if you have Phenom or older AMD you need to use SSE2 GSdx plug-in

Quote:I know this because the currently most stable pscx2 version (1.0.0) with (gsdx32-ssse3-r5350) is working just fine.
But I often try to find new improvements to boost my gaming experience, so I was hoping to update the program.

That said, (or quoted) the latest SVNs won't contain any speed boosts for you and are just as like to be unstable or have minor compatibility regressions so be aware of that.

As for SSSE3 plugin, I can't seem to replicate this crash personally.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Hi guys,

What I saw in the log is this:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 0D)
CPU speed = 1.994 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000

Btw, my ELF does not have a path, is that a problem?

I basically started looking up a newer version of the GSDX for 2 reasons:
1. the video plugin I'm using says "GSDX9", so I was hoping I could at least find an old version that will allow me to use GSDX10, because it keeps saying it's out of date.
2. I'm playing Front Mission 5. in one cutscene, the audio moves ahead of the video, to a point where it stops playing. The only fix to this is to allow the audio plugin to skip; the video will progress smoothly, but there will/wont be audio in different parts.
The problem isnt bad or anything, since all I need to do is skipping the movie, and the game will run without issues anywhere else. It's just that I want to try improving it.
(08-13-2013, 06:08 PM)Acary Wrote: Hi guys,
So, I basically started looking up a newer version of the GSDX for 2 reasons:
1. the video plugin I'm using says "GSDX9", so I was hoping I could at least find an old version that will allow me to use GSDX10, because it keeps saying it's out of date.
2. I'm playing Front Mission 5. in one movie, the audio/video is out of sync, to a point where it stops playing. The only fix to this is to allow the audio plugin to skip; the video will progress smoothly because of this, but the sound will become really jumpy.

What I saw in the log is this:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 0D)
CPU speed = 1.994 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000

Btw, my ELF does not have a path, is that a problem?

Well, I can tell you your processor is indeed ssse3 compatible, so that crash you have on newer SVNs is an odd problem.

As for GSDX9 only being available, it's because your integrated graphics chip only allows for up to directx 9 hardware functions. DX10 and 11 functions are the same in PCSX2, it was only seperated out in case a useful DX11 function was found. If your OS and graphics card were capable of DX10, DX10 would appear in place of DX11. The fact that neither appears means that you're out of luck in that regard.

As for front mission 5, the problem comes down to the fact that you are running PCSX2 on a slow and (frankly) outdated laptop that was never designed to play PC games, let alone run an emulator that is far more complex like PCSX2.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but you're pushing that little guy to it's limits.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-13-2013, 06:14 PM)Koji Wrote: Well, I can tell you your processor is indeed ssse3 compatible, so that crash you have on newer SVNs is an odd problem.

As for GSDX9 only being available, it's because your integrated graphics chip only allows for up to directx 9 hardware functions. DX10 and 11 functions are the same in PCSX2, it was only seperated out in case a useful DX11 function was found. If your OS and graphics card were capable of DX10, DX10 would appear in place of DX11. The fact that neither appears means that you're out of luck in that regard.

As for front mission 5, the problem comes down to the fact that you are running PCSX2 on a slow and (frankly) outdated laptop that was never designed to play PC games, let alone run an emulator that is far more complex like PCSX2.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but you're pushing that little guy to it's limits.

It's actually not that big a deal.
I mean, I have no issue playing the game; the gameplay speed, audio, and graphics are good enough.
I'm only having issues with some movie parts.
If it's a real movie, the screen will flash; I found out changing it to Software solves this problem (but it will lag gameplay).
The cutscenes however, will have audio/video sync issues instead.
What I heard is that GSDX10 represents DirectX10 for pcsx2, which is why I was trying to change it, since I'm using DirectX10
(08-13-2013, 06:43 PM)Acary Wrote: It's actually not that big a deal.
I mean, I have no issue playing the game; the gameplay speed, audio, and graphics are good enough.
I'm only having issues with some movie parts.
If it's a real movie, the screen will flash; I found out changing it to Software solves this problem (but it will lag gameplay).
The cutscenes however, will have audio/video sync issues instead.

its a 2.0ghz lappi with less powerfull gpu how much you expect with that please try to understand what koji said to you !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Additionally, the video plugin config will crash no matter what GSDX I use (be it GSdx32-SSE2, GSdx32-SSE2-r5715, or GSdx32-SSSE3 and GSdx32-SSSE3-r5715)
Remember that it wont crash if I dont touch the config.
This, once again, does not happen with the older version of gsdx.

The log indicates that there are a total of 8 issues with the dll files in the plugin folder, like
DEV9ghzdrk-r5692.dll, GSdx32-AVX.dll, and ZZOgl-r5698.dll ...
Source of error being: "File is not a valid dynamic library"
These appear without using the config.

When attempting to configure the video plugins, more inputs appear in the log right before the crash occurs: (I cant copy, since the error message pops up at this point, graying the log)

Suspending single plugin: GS
Opening GS
NVDIA GeForce 9300M GS (8.15.11.8631)
Saving GS
Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
Opening GS
NVDIA GeForce 9300 GS (8.15.11.8631)
Loading GS
Closing plugins...
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...

[quote='Brock lessner' pid='315567' dateline='1376412671']
What you think to give a try with stable release? :-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
[/quote]its a 2.0ghz lappi with less powerfull gpu how much you expect with that please try to understand what koji said to you !
[/quote]

Indeed, I understand and appreciate what he wrote.
It might sound like I'm complaining and not trying to understand that my laptop is not built for this, but it's not.
I'm just giving people more data and details on the problem to see if I could improve it.
I'm not whining about it.