Pcsx2 Configured, game won't start!
So I've been trying to figure Pcsx2 out for two days, I finally got it configured well enough that I can get into the Ps2 Bios. It runs decently, but I can't get my game to work. I'm using an ISO I made of the game and now I'm worried I screwed that up... Do I need to mount the ISO or what? When I select File=>Run Cd/dvd, the window pops up but the screen is black. (Also I disabled sound because no matter what it would skip and pop and sound terrible) I'm trying to play Monster Hunter.

Sponsored links

heh, can you say what's your computer, what version of the emulator you have, and so on?
I'm using Windows Vista, 32-bit, Pentium dual core processor, Uhh, NVidia 7600 GS... Running Pcsx2 0.9.6
use linuz iso CD/DVD plugin, and run your iso from it.

make sure your iso isn't mounted in another third party soft.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Alright, I've been doing that... do I need to have the ISO in any specific place? or is running it from any file okay? Cuz I always seem to end up with just that black screen, it doesn't do anything.
Maybe you misdumped it, then.

Did you try with gigahertz CD/DVD plugin and your original dvd ?
Well, my Dvd Drive is broken, I can use it, but my computer doesn't really recognize it. I tried with no avail to just play the disc, but Pcsx2 didn't "Notice" the drive. it's complicated... I need a new computer.
I gues so.

Find another one to redump your DVD image. It may help
(03-15-2010, 01:24 AM)Kid Purple Wrote: Well, my Dvd Drive is broken, I can use it, but my computer doesn't really recognize it. I tried with no avail to just play the disc, but Pcsx2 didn't "Notice" the drive. it's complicated... I need a new computer.

It's not broken, i think the jumper cable is plugged off. Have u tried checking up the drive and the cable first ? (sorry, i maybe offtopic)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-14-2010, 09:40 PM)Kid Purple Wrote: So I've been trying to figure Pcsx2 out for two days, I finally got it configured well enough that I can get into the Ps2 Bios. It runs decently, but I can't get my game to work. I'm using an ISO I made of the game and now I'm worried I screwed that up... Do I need to mount the ISO or what? When I select File=>Run Cd/dvd, the window pops up but the screen is black. (Also I disabled sound because no matter what it would skip and pop and sound terrible) I'm trying to play Monster Hunter.

I also have the same problem. I click run CD/DVD and the screen is black for about 5 seconds and then the emulator shuts down automatically