Pcsx2 Crashes
Hey, I downloaded pcsx2 recently, and after configuring a few things the program crashes after I try to execute a CD.

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't my configuration either, because after this I had reinstalled the program and it still crashed without me doing anything. Perhaps its a software conflict? Idk, but I'd really appreciate any insight on the matter.

Here are my computer stats
---------------------------------

Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series

Also, I don't know if it matters, but I'm trying to run Siren 2

Sponsored links

kindly provide some screenshot
print screen+paste it on paint or photoshop
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
also provide your settings and plugins. Smile (config->configure,speedhacks,advanced)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Here the screenies are

Also, thanks for the quick reply, honestly wasnt expecting anyone to get to this until tomorrow xD
try doing this Smile (run, extract to a folder, go to folder, run setup.exe) (i believe it's something needed in that Smile)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...layLang=en

and why don't you go ahead and use the SSSE3 version of gsdx. (your cpu supports it)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Argh D: Good guess, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem..
Thank you very much for the advice though! Appreciated mucho
(04-16-2009, 02:37 AM)shadowdrakken Wrote: Here the screenies are

Also, thanks for the quick reply, honestly wasnt expecting anyone to get to this until tomorrow xD

You are using an unofficial beta for which we will NOT provide support. Either use an official beta from here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html or the 0.9.6 official release.
Otherwise I will have to close this thread
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hi,
I have another questions here please Blush (I'm always trying to read threats and ask about what I don't understand so I can learn more about pcsx2 Smile )
Will SSSE3 version of gsdx increase game speed if used?
thanks
Yes but only in a few games and not by much (next time try PMing or using a more appropriate topic to ask Wink )
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-16-2009, 12:20 AM)shadowdrakken Wrote: Hey, I downloaded pcsx2 recently, and after configuring a few things the program crashes after I try to execute a CD.

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't my configuration either, because after this I had reinstalled the program and it still crashed without me doing anything. Perhaps its a software conflict? Idk, but I'd really appreciate any insight on the matter.

Here are my computer stats
---------------------------------

Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series

Also, I don't know if it matters, but I'm trying to run Siren 2

Update DirectX.