Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pcsx2 Facebook fanpage and Twiiter account.
Thumbs Up 
Hey everybody!

This thought came to me from a recent post on ngemu I made, I thought that pcsx2 could gain a lot of exposure and traffic from the two most biggest social networks around.

I would like to see an official pcsx2 account on twitter, which could work as an rss feed on status updates of the emulator and blog posts, tech support would be directed to the official forums.

I'm sure the project could get a lot of followers as word of mouth spreads around and establish the project as more accessible to people.

Another thing that could help promote the project is a facebook fan page, which as twitter could get more people interested in this.

I really hope you guys consider this, as I don't see any downside from this (aside from the flood of noobs Tongue2) and it could be great for the next pcsx2 official release.

I'll be your fist follower. Biggrin

Your comments please.

Sponsored links

Sounds like a nice idea and I bet it would help. But I already have way too many stuff that take all my free time and I'm afraid having to manage even more stuff won't be possible for me. If some reliable member, tester or moderator wants to take the responsibility I'm sure there will be no problem.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Il be long dead before you ever catch me on those sites.
(03-23-2010, 11:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: Sounds like a nice idea and I bet it would help. But I already have way too many stuff that take all my free time and I'm afraid having to manage even more stuff won't be possible for me. If some reliable member, tester or moderator wants to take the responsibility I'm sure there will be no problem.

Great that you like it, I would gladly help if it's needed but I know you guys got a lot people committed to the project who would offer their help too.

Can you please pass this info around to your fellow mods, maybe they like it too and this becomes a reality.

Another +1 for this idea is because it would be the official version, I've wondered why some scammers haven't done that before asking for donations and the such.

You know we have to protect the image of PCSX2.

(03-24-2010, 12:06 AM)Raizen Wrote: Il be long dead before you ever catch me on those sites.

:lol:

Yeah I said that one time, but it's what you use it for that matters, plus a new audience wouldn't be bad for pcsx2.

Btw: As some readers might note I'm relative new by my post count, but I'm Silenus from ngemu, So I've had my years (from 2005) sharing with pcsx2 users there.
We are already there on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=98...559&ref=ts
(03-24-2010, 10:26 AM)prafull Wrote: We are already there on facebook.

Are u sure that is the one? Cause i saw many native languages other than english. Wink
And what is Pcsx2 100 EX ? Is it official? I had a bad feeling if we made the fanpage on facebook. Sad
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-25-2010, 04:52 PM)ikazu Wrote:
(03-24-2010, 10:26 AM)prafull Wrote: We are already there on facebook.

Are u sure that is the one? Cause i saw many native languages other than english. Wink
And what is Pcsx2 100 EX ? Is it official? I had a bad feeling if we made the fanpage on facebook. Sad

yep, Generalplot was the creator and Refraction is an admin.
Yeah that's so outdated it's pretty much useless Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-25-2010, 04:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah that's so outdated it's pretty much useless Tongue

Agree Smile
And not only useless, they post something like unauthorized copyright. Poor Sony Sad
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
I feel that while the exposure may be beneficial, it would also be a nuisance. The flood of bios/roms/illegal downloading noobs would just destroy the pages, or just annoy the hell out of forum members. Good idea in concept, hard to execute I think.
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB