Pcsx2 Running very slow , Fps?? Help!!
Hello,

I ran pcsx2 0.9.6 on my new Lenovo laptop:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: 256 MB

Recently i have tried running Dragon Quest 8 and FIFA 07 and they ran fast at the beggining and while playing it runs very slow and the fps become: 9-10-13%. Why is that?

Is this depends on the pcsx2 program? or on the specifications of the laptop?

Thank you very much.

Sponsored links

You won't get good speed in that Processor. You need around 3.0GHz to emulate most games at decent speed. It depends on the situation while ingame and your laptop specifications. What's you graphics card vendor?

And latest build of Pcsx2 is more better, but it isn't recommended because it hasn't been stabilized yet.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
1st use r1888 and the march plugins (find them in download section) 2nd use speed hacks (play around with them to find the best combination) in advanced options put both clamp modes to NONE (it will decrease combatibility but it will give some speed in some games) use the highest u can from sse2 ssse3 and sse4.1 (with the last being the highest) and in there check the native resolution and use d3d hardware (well use both 9 and 10 and see what is faster). u may need to change speedhacks and the d3d when u play other games. last but most important yep your pc is the problem here, its veryyy slow for pcsx2, but if u follow all those u may probably can play some of the games listed here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate
ps: i totally agree with ikazu!
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
it's your laptop and it's not strong enough to reach it's peak FPS try getting 2.66 Ghz or more CPU like T8000+ or the i5 or i7-series
and don't expect running on batteries.

one more thing is your GPU(graphics card) needs is to be more intense bandwidth...since you did'nt gave us the full info of your GPU.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
The games probably ran fast "at the begining" because you were still in menu(s) or FMV(s). "While playing it" runs very slow because most games are more demanding during gameplay (i.e. when you've got control/can move around).

Your processor is slow and a bit old for most games to ever run fast. I suggest trying one of the least demanding or most compatible games first (like FFX or something from the thread iakoboss7 mentioned). If you can't handle them, you stand no chance with others (especially Dragon Quest 8). Speedhacks will be your best friend! Smile

As for your graphics card, it probably doesn't help the situation. Most cards with 256mb of video RAM lack the speed, basically. Although, if you tell us your make and model, we could very well tell you for sure. I just hope that 256mb is dedicated, or it is very likely a crap card.
Well , I don't know much about graphics cards and how to know what kind it is , but when i look at Device Manager in Display Adapters it's:
Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset Family.

Is this the Graphics Card?

I have another issue too after i install the pcsx2 0.9.6 r1888
And when i run any game it tells me:
" Failed Loading MemoryCard from file C:\ProgramFiles\pcsx2-r1888\memcards\Mcd001.ps2

Although the memcards is already put in the pcsx2 folder.
Ok, so first of all, your CPU -- 2.16Ghz is really decent for "pc games" but not "emulators". When we are emulating, it usually demands a better level of PC hardware than general games', and certainly when I mention "better" I mean somewhere around or above 3.0Ghz. Second of all, your graphics card is a problem, it is an integrated graphics solution which genarally even has problem when playing PC games ... therefore, not to mention emulator.

IMHO, I seldom see people playing emulator on their laptop, it is just not recommended. Just for emulating, I spent more than $500 to upgrade my laptop just to get "some" (or even minor ...) games to run at full speed. Here is my specs for my laptop, just so you can get some ideas ...

CPU: Intel T9300 C2D @ 2.5Ghz (OC'd 3.1Ghz)
GPU: NV 9650mGT @ stock speed ...
RAM: 4GB
HDD(doesn't affect a lot): WD Scorpio Black 320GB
C2Q Q9550 - 3.9Ghz
8GB DDR1067
EVGA GTX260*2 (SLI)
WD Black 1TB*2 (RAID 0)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Sorry for my poor English >"<
(05-16-2010, 03:16 AM)kirisame Wrote: Ok, so first of all, your CPU -- 2.16Ghz is really decent for "pc games" but not "emulators". When we are emulating, it usually demands a better level of PC hardware than general games', and certainly when I mention "better" I mean somewhere around or above 3.0Ghz. Second of all, your graphics card is a problem, it is an integrated graphics solution which genarally even has problem when playing PC games ... therefore, not to mention emulator.

IMHO, I seldom see people playing emulator on their laptop, it is just not recommended. Just for emulating, I spent more than $500 to upgrade my laptop just to get "some" (or even minor ...) games to run at full speed. Here is my specs for my laptop, just so you can get some ideas ...

CPU: Intel T9300 C2D @ 2.5Ghz (OC'd 3.1Ghz)
GPU: NV 9650mGT @ stock speed ...
RAM: 4GB
HDD(doesn't affect a lot): WD Scorpio Black 320GB

Uh. I think HDD has no impact since it only used for data storage.Tongue
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
no its not like that. hdd is the one thing that ALWAYS slows down ALL the pc's even if u got a pc worth of 5000 euro. maybe it doesnt affect pcsx2 but affects everything else you will do by ALLOT
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
HDD does affect the loading speed (such as scene changes), that's why I put it doesn't affect a lot. Majority on CPU and GPU for emulator tho Smile
C2Q Q9550 - 3.9Ghz
8GB DDR1067
EVGA GTX260*2 (SLI)
WD Black 1TB*2 (RAID 0)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Sorry for my poor English >"<