Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pcsx2 and Nvidia Geforce 310M
i have an asus laptop (going to college soon, needed a laptop.) core i5 m 480 @ 2.67 GHz. geforce 310m gfx card. 4gb ram

so i can run pcsx2 (however at about 30 fps) im wondering how i should specify the settings for the program. also what my plugins should look like for shadow of the colossus (also if i should use my disc in the reader or rip it to an iso and use that.) my GS configuration currently is:

Direct 3d10(hardware) (when i installed 2011 it said that i had equivalent or better installed) running at native resolution and no special software mod settings.

i can use sse 1 2 3 3s 4.1 4.2

any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. thank you to whoever can help

Sponsored links

GSdx, native resolution, try "Allow 8-bit textures" and see if it makes a difference. Use some speed hacks (you can probably use preset 4 or 5). It probably won't run as smooth as on a real PS2, as SoTC has relatively high requirements with PCSX2.
[i7-3630qm/gt650m-2G/Win-7] [i7-4500u/R.HD8850m/Win-8.1] [2010-MBA/OSX-10.9.x]. Scroll smoothly with SmoothWheel for Firefox.
"Allow 8-bit textures" - not a good idea for low end 300 series gpu's, it should be advised on a per game basis, in FFX for instance it increases the gpu usage by around 3x which can reduce performance if you are already close to high gpu load.

in Xenosaga EP 3, it reduces the vram load without killing the gpu too much allowing for a higher internal res xD (thanks to shadow lady for suggesting that xD)
i was also trying to run veutiful joe and (dot) hack gu volume 1. but they were lagging as well. also i thought the 310m was actually a pretty good card.
the 300 series are for the most part Dx10.1 cards that nvidia released mainly for OEM's, some went into retail but they are low end gpu's made specifically to sate the oems wanting to sell Dx10.1 hardware at the time.

a couple of the 300 series are just rebranded Dx10 GS 200 Cards.
The 310 is also entry level (pretty much lowest level) integrated GPUs that use system memory versus dedicatd memory and aren't really designed with gaming in mind, especially not something that can push your system as much as emulating a modern video console.

I don't own Viewtiful Joe but I do know .hack//GU requires a very high end CPU and a very modern mid-level or higher GPU. The game responds pretty well to the VU cycle steal hack, but if set too high will cause additional slowdowns and occasional broken geometry.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-26-2011, 04:41 PM)Zepher Wrote: i was also trying to run veutiful joe and (dot) hack gu volume 1. but they were lagging as well. also i thought the 310m was actually a pretty good card.

Viewtiful Joe is a bit slow even in better PCs, however using frameskip (shift+f4 while playing) with frames to skip/draw set to 1 work mostly fine for it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64