Pcsx2 constant hitching/temporary freezes
Hello,

I've recently been using Pcsx2 and have generally managed to get the hand of it with my games running rather smoothly at 60fps (mostly). But theres a specifc issue I'm having no matter what Im playing. Primarily I'm playing okami (which runs almost always at 60fps) and shadow of the collessus (which also runs at 60 but stutters more), and while I can hadle the occasional small stutter, my games constantly do this error where they literally freeze for like 3 to 5 seconds then continues playing and it happens well too frequently. Has anyone experienced this issue and does anyone have a solution.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Specs: GTX 980
Itel i7 4700k 4.00 ghz
16gb Ram
256 gb ssd with 2 tb hdd

Sponsored links

I will presume you're playing off the discs, that's the only thing I can thing of off hand that would cause stutters that long. Make ISO's of your discs with ImgBurn which can be downloaded from the web, then run the games from them Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-10-2016, 03:16 AM)refraction Wrote: I will presume you're playing off the discs, that's the only thing I can thing of off hand that would cause stutters that long. Make ISO's of your discs with ImgBurn which can be downloaded from the web, then run the games from them Smile

oh so is it loading stutter from reading the disc?
Yes, discs tend to stop spinning and it has to wait for it to spin up again, plus reading from the dvd is very slow compared to a harddisk, so making an ISO image is MUCH quicker

(12-10-2016, 03:30 AM)refraction Wrote: Yes, discs tend to stop spinning and it has to wait for it to spin up again, plus reading from the dvd is very slow compared to a harddisk, so making an ISO image is MUCH quicker

Okay thanks. Just a quick question when I make an iso of the cd will the cd still be usable?
Nothing erases the contents of your CD, except maybe a screwdriver or knife Tongue

(12-10-2016, 03:35 AM)refraction Wrote: Nothing erases the contents of your CD, except maybe a screwdriver or knife Tongue
Haha thanks Ill give it a go
Okay thanks that fixed the issues Smile