Pcsx2 doesn`t use my PC fully
Hello everyone!
As subject says, Pcsx2 doesnt fully use my PC. Attached screenshot should help you understand. Cpu runs at 1.7 ghz (tested also with cpu-z) while it should be at 2.4 ghz. Also Pcsx2 says EE,GS,VU aren`t 100% but I`m new to this stuff and maybe it is alright. Can I improve my fps form 30 to at last 45?
My specs are : Q6600 at 2.4 ghz, 4 gb ddr2 and hd 5770.

Sponsored links

(06-01-2013, 08:54 PM)Szrama Wrote: Hello everyone!
As subject says, Pcsx2 doesnt fully use my PC. Attached screenshot should help you understand. Cpu runs at 1.7 ghz (tested also with cpu-z) while it should be at 2.4 ghz. Also Pcsx2 says EE,GS,VU aren`t 100% but I`m new to this stuff and maybe it is alright. Can I improve my fps form 30 to at last 45?
My specs are : Q6600 at 2.4 ghz, 4 gb ddr2 and hd 5770.

You're being GPU bottle necked, drop your internal res down a notch (if you're at 3x, use 2x). Your CPU isn't getting a chance to be bottled down because the GPU can't keep up with whatever you have it set at.

That said, that PC is never going to get that game anywhere near max frame rate Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
It is native res already Sad.
Btw. I thought that HD 5770 is good GPU ( it runs Crysis 3, Grid 2 etc. with no problem).
(06-01-2013, 09:46 PM)Szrama Wrote: It is native res already Sad.
Btw. I thought that HD 5770 is good GPU ( it runs Crysis 3, Grid 2 etc. with no problem).

Playing normal PC games isn't the same as emulating. It takes a lot more power to emulate the PS2 (PCSX2).
(06-01-2013, 09:49 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: Playing normal PC games isn't the same as emulating. It takes a lot more power to emulate the PS2 (PCSX2).
I know. But my gpu cant be weak if it runs Crysis 3 right? i think it should deal with PS2 game on native res. Many people play on PCSX 2 with slower gpus.
You are also playing a very demanding game. If you try another, not so intensive game, you will have better luck.
The 5770 suffers from limited memory bandwidth (128-bit bus) and certain games will simply require more for emulation, this just looks to be another.

You can try manually setting a lower internal resolution (select custom) and it can be set as low as 256x256 and you can see if that works better for you, but even if the GPU wasn't holding you back, your CPU was already starting to struggle (70+% usage on multiple threads) with no where near full speed.
[Image: 2748844.png]
CPU is underclocked, set the windows power plan to "performance"

Besides, racing games are normally CPU intensive, the core duo is old and may not run such games at full speed whatever is attempted, I fear.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Yeah, CPU is the main problem here, it's not enough. If you can manage, overclock it as far as you can while making sure it's not overheating and that it's stable.
After setting res to 256x256 I'm getting 35-45 or 40-50 fps depending on track. But playing in that res is no fun to me. Also CPU is fully used ( EE jumps to 100% ). I won't oc my q6600 because I have terrible cooling and power supply. What is more I'm buying new PC in september so I will wait and stick to Grid 2 for now (great game btw.). Big thanks for your help guys Smile