Pcsx2 don,t use the second core
I know that my inglish knowledges are poor, but i hope that you will help me. My problem is that pcsx2 dont use the second core of my laptop. The windows taskbar shows me that only 50% of my processor is used, and that means that only one core is used. How can i solve this problem.
The configuration of my laptop is: lenovo b5400; intel core i3 2,4ghs + 2,4ghs; 4 gb ram, 1,5 gb video card
The version of pcsx2 is pcsx2 1.2.1 r5441 ( i dont remember exactly the last 3 numbers).

Sponsored links

are you sure you have an I3 processor ? since according to here , the following model consists of a i5-4200 M ( it's still a dual core)

on the other hand, there is no reason for PCSX2 to use more resources if the current resource usage is sufficient. why do you want PCSX2 to use more of the processor resources ? If I had to guess, it'd be due to insufficient FPS. just wanted to be sure of it before making assumptions.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
please post the emulog.txt after you played your game
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
if you look up my gateway it says it has an i5 as well, but mine has an i3. (some even say i7)

here's a search result for mine:
Quote:Gateway DX4870-UR11P
Gateway DX4870-UB17
Gateway DX4870-UR3D
Gateway DX4870-UB2C
etc.

I would trust the user knows what CPU they have

oh, and here's the US leveno page for the specs:
http://shop.lenovo.com/ie/en/laptops/len...tech_specs
Quote:Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-4200M processor
Intel® Core™ i3-4100M processor
Intel® Core™ i3-4000M processor
Intel® Pentium™ 3550M processor
do you notice the 2 i3 models there?
(10-22-2015, 08:26 AM)K0rin Wrote: I know that my inglish knowledges are poor, but i hope that you will help me. My problem is that pcsx2 dont use the second core of my laptop. The windows taskbar shows me that only 50% of my processor is used, and that means that only one core is used. How can i solve this problem.
The configuration of my laptop is: lenovo b5400; intel core i3 2,4ghs + 2,4ghs; 4 gb ram, 1,5 gb video card
The version of pcsx2 is pcsx2 1.2.1 r5441 ( i dont remember exactly the last 3 numbers).

50% usage in taskbar doesn't mean it uses 1 core, it means it uses 50% of both cores.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
go to performance  and then CPU, you'll see the graph there of CPU usage

Right-click the graph and "change graph to": Logical processors. This will show each individual processor and thread (IE: I have 2 cores and 4 logical processors)

you can see my example here:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

enable MTVU and it might use more of your CPU and give a speedboost if EE is your bottleneck

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64