Pcsx2 don't want to work
Do you get the root# ?? That's whats messing with me.

Sponsored links

(03-01-2012, 10:33 PM)tedren Wrote: Do you get the root# ?? That's whats messing with me.

Yea I got it, BUT, type all the commands in Terminal, not Xquartz
And wait, maybe a min or two.
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
i did. what do you put for the root #? ./pcsx2 ? Ive done both.
Last login: Thu Mar 1 12:27:02 on ttys000
justin-xxx-imac:~ tetraubik$ cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/
justin-xxx-imac:macos tetraubik$ sudo tcsh
Password:
[justin-xxx-imacTongue2csx2.app/Contents/MacOS] root# ./pcsx22
./pcsx22: Command not found.
[justin-xxx-imacTongue2csx2.app/Contents/MacOS] root# ./pcsx2
2012-03-01 14:14:39.464 pcsx2[1673:903] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting
[justin-xxx-imacTongue2csx2.app/Contents/MacOS] root#

(03-02-2012, 12:18 AM)tedren Wrote: i did. what do you put for the root #? ./pcsx2 ? Ive done both.
Last login: Thu Mar 1 12:27:02 on ttys000
justin-xxx-imac:~ tetraubik$ cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/
justin-xxx-imac:macos tetraubik$ sudo tcsh
Password:
[justin-xxx-imacTongue2csx2.app/Contents/MacOS] root# ./pcsx22
./pcsx22: Command not found.
[justin-xxx-imacTongue2csx2.app/Contents/MacOS] root# ./pcsx2
2012-03-01 14:14:39.464 pcsx2[1673:903] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting
[justin-xxx-imacTongue2csx2.app/Contents/MacOS] root#
Okay, I'm tired of this, I also got that error, but I got a way to work around it. And the Root# is something that was added to the terminal in a later System upgrade after I installed PCSX2, dont worry, it is supposed to be there ^_^
And if it STILL does not work, download this one.

The first screenshot show how it works for me, the second one shows how I get the error, you can try to utilize the second one if the first one does not work.
[Image: Terminal+Screenshot+01.png][Image: Terminal+Screenshot+02.png]
...processing..
Ok so... I've done (and just did what you said to do above)::>> it launched then immediately crashed. Like... the top left corner flashed PCSX2 then back to Finder. Which is more progress than I've made so far but it's still crashing. Where as before it didn't even launch.

This is a joke. I'm waiting on the download to finish so I can try it.

Yeah; same thing. I'm pretty much given up by now. I thank you for your time, but this is seriously messed up.
(03-03-2012, 12:26 AM)tedren Wrote: Ok so... I've done (and just did what you said to do above)::>> it launched then immediately crashed. Like... the top left corner flashed PCSX2 then back to Finder. Which is more progress than I've made so far but it's still crashing. Where as before it didn't even launch.

This is a joke. I'm waiting on the download to finish so I can try it.

Yeah; same thing. I'm pretty much given up by now. I thank you for your time, but this is seriously messed up.
If something new happened, the log has to look different.
(03-03-2012, 12:55 AM)Kaze Wrote: If something new happened, the log has to look different.

I followed your first pic to the letter. Immediate crash was the result.
(03-03-2012, 01:29 AM)tedren Wrote: I followed your first pic to the letter. Immediate crash was the result.
Lets try one more thing
BatChmod 2

Set Owner to your username and mark/unmark stuff until it looks like the screenshot, click apply, then run the commands that opened PCSX2 before it crashed.
(03-03-2012, 01:44 AM)Kaze Wrote: Lets try one more thing
BatChmod 2

Set Owner to your username and mark/unmark stuff until it looks like the screenshot, click apply, then run the commands that opened PCSX2 before it crashed.

Nope. Same open and crash.