"Pcsx2.exe has stopped working"
(11-02-2014, 01:27 AM)Coornio Wrote: What is your selected module in SPU2 settings? If it's X-Audio 2, try changing it to portaudio, does it still crash?

Yes, one of the first things I checked. It was already set to portaudio, I get the error that my computer is not compatible with x-audio. So changed, and still crashed.

Sponsored links

(11-02-2014, 01:29 AM)$ilentscope Wrote: Yes, one of the first things I checked. It was already set to portaudio, I get the error that my computer is not compatible with x-audio. So changed, and still crashed.

What if you a null SPU2 plugin? Does it still crash?

I'm thinking whether it's some plugin causing it or whether it has a wider scope. not sure what to think Tongue2
(11-02-2014, 01:15 AM)willkuer Wrote: Obviously and as you have already said: nothing wrong here.

1. Try FastBoot vs FullBoot
2. Redo iso-rip or use original disk
3. Download and install pcsx2 v.1.2.1

Maybe your bios is broken/incomplete....

Ok so I re-did the ISO. And installed 1.2.1 still get the error. But I don't see the Log folder?
(11-02-2014, 01:34 AM)Coornio Wrote: What if you a null SPU2 plugin? Does it still crash?

I'm thinking whether it's some plugin causing it or whether it has a wider scope. not sure what to think Tongue2

No such thing as Null for SPU, there is Zero SPU, and yes it still crashes.

I do notice something when i go Config>Plugin/Bios selector. This error pops up in the log box

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Path: C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll
(11-02-2014, 01:43 AM)$ilentscope Wrote: No such thing as Null for SPU, there is Zero SPU, and yes it still crashes.

I do notice something when i go Config>Plugin/Bios selector. This error pops up in the log box

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Path: C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll

That shouldn't be cause for crash. Hmm.
You said that you have installed the VC++ package. I assume you mean the one mentioned in the downloads page of pcsx2.net. Can you try running that installation again and choosing "Repair" ?

I don't hold my hopes high for this having any effect. You could check the crashes in windows' event viewer (administrative tools i think) to see if it provides any relevant info at all which might point a finger.
(11-02-2014, 01:48 AM)Coornio Wrote: That shouldn't be cause for crash. Hmm.
You said that you have installed the VC++ package. I assume you mean the one mentioned in the downloads page of pcsx2.net. Can you try running that installation again and choosing "Repair" ?

I don't hold my hopes high for this having any effect. You could check the crashes in windows' event viewer (administrative tools i think) to see if it provides any relevant info at all which might point a finger.

where is that link on the home page? Cause I think I did it through microsoft I think. And I did do that before and choosing repair. Still the same thing

Ok I still had the setup.exe for x86. Did repair, still crashes
It's this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2...st_x86.exe
(11-02-2014, 02:29 AM)Coornio Wrote: It's this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2...st_x86.exe

Yep just did it and still the same thing.
(11-02-2014, 01:11 AM)$ilentscope Wrote: Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9653 games on record (loaded in 203ms)

HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...

My guess: that sounds like a bad iso, so try dumping a new one. Do other games also cause pcsx2 to crash like this on your computer?
That warning is in all emulogs
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]