Pcsx2 freezing on 'Playstation 2' screen.
Hi everyone, i'm new to this so go easy on me if i got this in the wrong section. Tongue

Basically the problem i have is that i'm trying to run my Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence game on my pc using Pcsx2 version 0.9.8, and when i try starting the game, it shows the first screen fine and at a good speed. But when i get to the next screen which is the 'Playstation 2' one, it freezes and the name jumps down to the bottom of the screen.

Here's a screenshot of the problem:
[Image: Pcsx2problem.jpg]

And my Pcsx2 Config:
[Image: Pcsx2config.jpg]

My system:
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit
Intel Celeron Dual Core Mobile Processor T1600 (1.66 GHz)
2GB Ram
160GB HD

Any help on this subject will be very gratefull
Thanking in advance!

Sponsored links

I think you messed something up when you installed it, because gsdx2111 is old and does not come with 9.8, second the default plugin path for 9.8 is not program files but rather my documents. I suggest you uninstall and use the binary version instead. Find it here. Unzip it in a user created folder like "c:\pcsx2" for example. And lastly, you will have no chance playing mgs3 on a cpu at only 1.6Ghz but if you still wanna give it a try do what I said above.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Anyone notice the filepath for the .iso?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
@GamerGeek, thanks for the reply, will try re-downloading it again tomorrow. The reason for the gsdx2111 is because i downloaded a plugin pack to try and speed up the games, and it turned out to work the best on my other games. Will try what you said to see if it will work Smile

@MyDreamName, liking your eagle eye on that one, but don't worry, this is a file i ripped out of the game i own, saving i made a back up of it because it's so rare! and just thought it would be easier to use the iso than trying to find the disk in my pile of old ps2 games in the attic! :L And the reason it's in that folder is becasue i USED to download music and games, but long stopped, but kept using the same folder! But as i said, i own this game Smile

Many Thanks
Quote:And the reason it's in that folder is becasue i USED to download music and games

Yet you're using the exact same paths and names for that illegal download.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64