Pcsx2 has a virus?!
(08-28-2012, 02:29 PM)Luke_H Wrote: I'll probably get a lot of stick for this (since I'm only new) but the best anti-virus, by far, is windows security essentials, you just can't beat it.

For free antivirus yes, MSE is very good, i prefer it to AVG and Avast which are just resource hogs. But for paid antiviruses ESET NOD32 is an impressive package.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

What about Comodo antivirus? Ive been using it for years and apart from All the false positives it Awesome Tongue
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
If it has lots of false positives, it's far from awesome ;p

pedantic is more the word id use ;p

(08-28-2012, 03:43 PM)refraction Wrote: For free antivirus yes, MSE is very good, i prefer it to AVG and Avast which are just resource hogs. But for paid antiviruses ESET NOD32 is an impressive package.

ESET Smart Security not NOD32 nor Comodo
Lost in the Vastness of Mugen.
(08-28-2012, 06:18 PM)harsh60 Wrote: ESET Smart Security not NOD32 nor Comodo

That just adds a firewall and anti-spam and parent controls which arent in NOD32, 3 pretty useless extras IMO.

Most people are behind a router these days so a firewall beyond the windows one is pretty much a waste of time, also non-standard windows ones tend to be a lot more bitchy, so if you are trying to forward applications through to your computer, they can sometimes be a nightmare to get to play nice.

Antivirus and Anti-malware (which comes with NOD32) is more than enough.

(08-28-2012, 03:43 PM)refraction Wrote: For free antivirus yes, MSE is very good, i prefer it to AVG and Avast which are just resource hogs. But for paid antiviruses ESET NOD32 is an impressive package.

I have to disagree on MSE bit, sure the interface make it looks like it's lean but it's really slow on real time scanning, most apparent when you browse folder with a lots of exe. Didn't have this issue with avast or antivir (too many false positive for this one), avg is just as good as mcafee though (i.e. garbage).
Vipre antivirus was pretty good, unfortunately its paid software, but they kinda pride themselves on not slowing your machine down, kinda their selling point. Plus in the independant AV tests, they get pretty good marks http://www.vipreantivirus.com/VIPRE-Antivirus/

* Squall Leonhart coughs

Code:
A listing of files alongside their results can be found below:
File ID      Filename     Size (Byte)     Result
27083092      xbcdif.dll      26 KB      FALSE POSITIVE

Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:
Filename     Result
xbcdif.dll      FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'xbcdif.dll' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm.

Avira... lol
If you want a suggestion for AV software, go with anything but Mcafee. It sucks and the last time I used it I had to reinstall Windows; a virus essentially got through and the program went as far as joining the other side. Windows never completed the boot process and would lock up.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
I cheated and bought a Mac Sad
Two 2.40GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Processors (Oc'ed to 3.2ghz)
12GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz SDRam (6x2GB)
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
Mac OSX (Always The Latest)
Windows 8 64 Bit
Mac Pro Desktop (2012 - July)