Pcsx2 has a virus?!
Hey guys im having some issues with the new PCSX2 1.0.0 update. I got a new computer just recently, a good strong computer, & I dowloaded the new latest PCSX2 so I could make let's play videos with my friends but here is the thing. I had it for a while & my anti-virus protection said something related to it was attacking and modiflying the bios I had in my computer, I downloaded PCSX2 from the official web-site and this happend is there any alternative, to leave original computer settings tack with PCSX2 or is the thing treating my computer? can someone please help

Sponsored links

False positive, your antivirus is crappy Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Wow thanks lol, but I use Mcafee 15.0 2012 & it detected a virus, its weird.
(08-26-2012, 10:27 PM)RurouniKen1 Wrote: but I use Mcafee 15.0 2012

as Bositman said
Bositman Wrote:your antivirus is crappy
Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

PCSX2 is changing your BIOS Huh

please go post this in Mcafee forums other than PCSX2's Glare
PCSX2 does not even require administrative priviledge to run.
possibly not these days.. i think some plugins still write to the registry, but pcsx2 doesn't anymore I don't think..
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

PCSX2 still writes/reads registryTongue, and I think both, the install and the binary* version, through the second may be just a rare bug and happen only when coexisting with non-portable version.

*Happened like once and I couldn't reproduce it, something I changed or while resetting the settings of the portable version changed all my non-portable version savestates to "corrupted";P, I quickly found out it simply changed the default folders in the registry couse it couldn't just mess savestates while it didn't even touch them(modify date says all:]). Maybe it can happen only if the registry already exist, couse when I deleted it to check what could create it in the portable version, nothing over stuff I tried created pcsx2 registry;]. I remember someone creating a thread about old savestate corruption after using new pcsx2(and also binary if I remember), soo it possibly was same bug.;3
your antivirus is wrong.
I also had that crappy McAfee it always shows a virus, somehow i think it tells false that people think that "WOW what a great antivirus" but it is not true, it always showed a virus in the FONTS Folder i removed the font folder and created again without any font it showes that the folder is a virus which is false if the folder is a virus then it will be all folders not just one.

I am on ESET Smart Security 5 it is much better then others, Norton is best but it slows down your PC.
Lost in the Vastness of Mugen.
Hello Tongue

McAfee? Sorry, but that's a garbage anti-virus program. It doesn't know what a false-positive is, and always quarantines the wrong files.
I'll probably get a lot of stick for this (since I'm only new) but the best anti-virus, by far, is windows security essentials, you just can't beat it.
Two 2.40GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Processors (Oc'ed to 3.2ghz)
12GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz SDRam (6x2GB)
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
Mac OSX (Always The Latest)
Windows 8 64 Bit
Mac Pro Desktop (2012 - July)