Pcsx2 lag issue over time
Hi, I've been using 0.9.8 version of pcsx2 right now and Im loving it. However, ever since like 2 months ago, my games always start off at full speed then sometime throughout the game it lags (drops about 20fps) and then increases randomly like 10 minutes later. This process kinda just keeps looping.

I've already looked up using search feature and found a similar thread, but I want a more precise answer other than buying a new rig.

I have a laptop, i3 330M, ati radeon HD 6560, 6gb ddr3 ram and the i3 is clocked at 2.1ghz. This is moer than enough for the game Im playing, dbz budokai tenkaichi 3, so can anyone please give me some advice? Thanks.

Sponsored links

Are you sure those are random issues and not those specific parts required more processing/GPU power (tried to stay in the same area with the low FPS for more than 10 minutes and see if it got fixed automatically)? Also, have you tried checking if anything starts in the background of your PC when these errors happen? (i.e your AV scans for something..etc)
It's probably the laptop is just throttling speed when it gets hot or something, check the temperature and clock speeds when you get the problem with an app like CoreTemp.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I use gpu-z to constantly keep track, pcsx2 doesnt get my pc that hot, about 50-65 range only, in fact, regular games makes my gpu go up to 90 degrees. However these games do not experience these random fps drops. I reinstalled windows 2 weeks ago, so no virus as I far as I know. Also, I dont use any antivirus programs so no popups or random scans.
Not athat 90ºc are good for a graphics card but anyway check with coretemp for CPU clock speed and temps when you get the problem.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
If it's windows causing the throttling (and not your system's bios, which would only do so for system safety concerns) you can always change that in the power management settings. Windows 7 in particular can set power management defaults fairly low for laptops.
[Image: 2748844.png]