Pcsx2 on PS3
Well, I've been trying to use pcsx2 on my computer, but my cpu is not very high, so I can't play games with enough fps. I wonder is there a pcsx2 developement for ps3?

Sponsored links

nope.
only for x86 architectures
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
there was a third party version of pcsx2 ported to ps3....
There was? when? where? any links? Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
hmm can't remember, it was a fair while back now (ngemu days).
This one squall?
"Ported"? The x86 and the Cell Broadband is absolutely two different things. Did you mean "rewrite every line of code" instead of "porting"?
Well unless they are writing in assembly you just need a CBE compiler for c++ and to rewrite the graphics plugin in a compatible version of OpenGL so it's not a complete code rewrite to port. Barring some libraries that might not be available however to make it work at any useable levels will be a heavy rewrite especially the recompiler for Cell.
would it work well though (at good speeds) if it was made to work on the ps3? What are the ps3 specs anyway (is it a dual core, a quad core etc.) and what are the GHz on its processor?
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
As is no. Without using the SPEs you just got an in order 3.2GHZ single core CPU. And I think rama said they recompilers use a lot of SSE so its more than simple recompile. Too bad we can't use Sony's near perfect EE emulalor already on there. Maybe if we ask Kutaragi nicely. Smile