Pcsx2 running on extreme low end pc
Tongue 
I tested pcsx2 on a 8yr old p4 pc yesterday to find some pretty decent results for a now ancient pc which was lying around without use.....
Firstly the system specs (its ***** i know)-
Intel pentium 4 northwood 2.27ghz (o.c to 2.6 ghz) on a cooler master extreme
256mb ddr 333mhz ram
Intel 845g mobo without an agp slot (lol)
Swiftshader 2.0 full (used for p.s 2 emulation for gsdx)
40gb ide hdd 7200rpm
Lg 16xdvd writer
Now the games which i tested with fps achieved-
Ps2 bios (10-25 fps)
Resident evil outbreak file#1 (10-15 fps)
Dirge of cerberus final fantasy VII (5-7 fps)
God of war (3-6 fps)
Call of duty 3 and Call of duty world at war final fonts (7-11 fps)
Black (4-6 fps)
Burnout 3 (2-4 fps)
Indiana jones and the staff of kings (7-10 fps)
Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 (5-7 fps)
Fight club (7-10 fps)
Thats it....all these games were tested with pcsx2 0.9.8 official build and fps was measured by the help of fraps...
Gsdx was set to software mode at 640x480 res with aa1 enabled (for some strange reason hardware mode is slower than software mode in this pc)
Spu2x was used for sound nd was set to default
Frameskip was off and all hacks were enabled with ee to 3 and vu to 1
Everything else was default....
I'll make a video later to show that this is true...

Sponsored links

hw mode is slower than software because the gpu you were using was emulating pixel shaders Tongue

guess itd be faster if you had a proper gpu in that thing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-28-2011, 09:22 PM)refraction Wrote: hw mode is slower than software because the gpu you were using was emulating pixel shaders Tongue

guess itd be faster if you had a proper gpu in that thing.
Ya even i thought that was the reason...the pc didn't even have a agp slot to put a gpu..,.well it did go through hell while running the emu....its pretty decent for a pc that old to give these results don't you think cuz 3 yrs bk my c2d pc with 8400gs was running gow at 3 fps .,..lol
.....using pcsx2 0.9.5 with lots of gsdx bugs
indeed time has moved on quite a bit Tongue its quite a difference having SSSE3 and SSE4 to boost speeds!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-28-2011, 09:35 PM)refraction Wrote: indeed time has moved on quite a bit Tongue its quite a difference having SSSE3 and SSE4 to boost speeds!
U betcha....hardly any games run lower than 50fps in my present pc ....the project is moving at quite a pace nw nd its wondrful to see games goin to playable state so fast..,..u guys must have heard this a trillion tyms bt hats off to the entire team for the emu....btw is nyone developing support for quad core cpu's..??cuz they r usd quite a lot nwadys
There was additional threading adding recently (as of r4865 I believe).

Applying the MTVU hack will run a total of 3 threads (EE, GS and VU).
There would also be the UI thread, but that means next to nothing when it comes to performance.
nice for a test of pure software rendering on old hardware. just shows that it runs, but it's worthless. move it to the chatterbox. Tongue
(09-28-2011, 09:18 PM)XcaliburXI Wrote: I tested pcsx2 on a 8yr old p4 pc yesterday to find some pretty decent results for a now ancient pc which was lying around without use.....

Waste of time Tongue2 (just my oppinion ^^)

Btw:
My first system running PCSX2 was a Pentium 3 700mhz with GeForce 2MX.
Don't remember which version it was, but it hardly ran the bios at 1fps using GSsoft xD

Second one:
Athlon XP 2000+, GeForce 6800.
My first time emulating FFX with 5-10fps and massive graphical errors (missing polygons) on PCSX2 0.8.1.
0.9 fixed these errors with the nloop0 hack.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

@Nexxus Actually i had nothing to do ysterday so it was a gud time pass....
(09-29-2011, 12:38 AM)Rezard Wrote: There was additional threading adding recently (as of r4865 I believe).

Applying the MTVU hack will run a total of 3 threads (EE, GS and VU).
There would also be the UI thread, but that means next to nothing when it comes to performance.

K...Thnx fr the info...
It's fine Laugh
I also do such things when I'm bored Tongue

It's amazing to see how great games work today on actual hardware. And this even in HD and Antialiasing!
When I compare that to the time when I started using PCSX2, there was no chance of enjoying any game cuz all of them ran like crap.

But it pisses me off that there are still people today who say that there is no decent PS2 emulator Angry

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64