Pcsx2 slowdowns with this much cpu power?
Try disabling Vsync (Wait refresh) in both PCSX2 and your graphic card's control panel, also try to check if your graphic card is running at full clocks when you get the problem.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(08-12-2011, 03:59 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Nah I didn't mean temperature, I ment checking frequency while getting slowdowns couse C&Q changes that all the time in AMD cpu's.

And if you're getting 50% quad load of your CPU when you get a slowdown, then I'm pretty SURE it's working under some high C&Q state Ohmy = it's heavilly underclocked. Probably setting windows power mode to higher would be enough if you don't wanna bother doing other stuff.

Windows Power mode? you mean the power settings in the control panel?
Well I just changed it to high performance but it didn't seem to change anything at all.
Any ideas?
Windows 7 64Bit
AMD Athlon II x4 640 quad core processor @ 3.7Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5
8GB corsair 1333 DDR3 RAM
But does it underclock when you get slowdowns? If it doesn't then it's not C&Q related and don't listen to me. If it does, you can get a program called "K10Stat" and lock power state at 0(highest frequency) while playing, or turn off C&Q completely in bios.
(08-12-2011, 04:02 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try disabling Vsync (Wait refresh) in both PCSX2 and your graphic card's control panel, also try to check if your graphic card is running at full clocks when you get the problem.

I always make sure to turn Vsync off. and it's off.
and yep, I've cheked with Cpu-Z

http://imageshack.us/f/17/cpuzh.png/

It seems to be running at 3.6Ghz, does it not?

Is it just me looking at it wrong? or can it still be C&Q?
Windows 7 64Bit
I doubt, cpu-z shows changes in frequency when C&Q kicks in. Hmmm just saw your settings(previously links were broken or something) turn on "allow 8-bit textures" in GSdx option and try again. I think this game lag hard without itTongue.
here's a picture showing everything at the time of slowdown.
Cpu usage. temperature. Cpu-z

http://imageshack.us/f/816/everythingt.jpg/
Windows 7 64Bit
Tried checking ON "allow 8-bit textures" in GSdx options? I tried to get your lags and turning it off(like you have it) gaved me similar lags(even worser actually as my GPU is slowerTongue).
hahaha I just turned on allow 8-bit textures and everything is now running 60fps. I can't belive such a small thing could make such a huge difference! you've really helped me out miseru!!! thanks!
And thanks to everybody for giving me feedback. +rep to you guys.
Such a small thing Laugh
is it possible to lock this thread seeing as my problem has been fixed?
Windows 7 64Bit
I knew that option speeds this game up, but was suprised myself it got soo laggy by turning it off, especially on your GPU. xD Anyway you're welcome.