Pcsx2 snow leopard graphic problem
    Hello. I own a Macbook running snow leopard. I have Pcsx2 0.96new. The system runs great and the options all work. The problem is text and graphics do not show properly. texts display as blogs of color with scribble in the void. Graphics are chunky and often missing. I have downloaded all the proper supports listed and a few people have suggested across the web.
None have work
I have tried every setting recommendation I could find and am hoping for a solution. This application is awesome regardless of any fixes, but I wish my screens worked as well as the videos i have seen as well as web shots posted.
I have also tried various other systems, like running bootcamp to install windows xp and run pcsx2 there to no avail. I have tried pcsx2 0.94, 0.95, and 0.96. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
-Crosby

Sponsored links

go to the "downloads section" and get the new graphics plugin, ZZ OGL 0.1.0-somesuch. there should be a blurb stating this will be a better fix for speed and graphics I believe on the front home page. It's pretty much a must for FF and KH.
I downloaded the plugin and loaded it following the guide. When opening the system I receive this error under x11:
Can't open libZZOglPG.0.1.0.so: dlopen(/Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libZZOglPG.0.1.0.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libGLEW.1.5.4.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libZZOglPG.0.1.0.so
Reason: image not found
The system then does not recognize the existence of the plugin
On the previous version, I downloaded plugin and loaded it, but it did not fix the blur issue on textures. I tried the “No logariphmic Z” option. This also did not work.
I reloaded the version on the download page for mac. While reviewing the X11 bash code the only error I could find is
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
if this helps at all. the vision error still occurs as shown in the pictures above
thats normal to get that message, everyone does. with your system strength (which doesnt have a lot of ram or processing power) 4x anti aliasing is way too high. you should be running with no anti aliasing and even then it may be slow. a lot of the time maximizing pcsx2 can screw it up so i wouldnt maximize or change its size once its loaded and besides that i can't think of much else. perhaps your video card isnt powerful enough or doesnt have certain shading abilities or something?
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

It runs fine with speed hacks on, I can get over 60 fps which is good enough for me. The aliasing did not do anything for the text except improve the sharpness. If it is my graphics card's limitation is there a software program can can fix it. Or can someone write a overlay program that displays the proper text over the scribble and I will play within the limits of my system. And thanks everyone who is helping
also, you don't need interlacing on unless you need it on--although that won't account for the graphical hiccups, it might give you a 1-3 FPS buff. make sure your video card has, I think it's called, like, shader 2 capability or somesuch. I mean, I'm rocking an Intel Imac from 4 years ago, with a ATI HD 2400 card (you MUST have an Intel compatible chipset for it to run NOT like a crackwhore and more like a track star; not the cheap ***** they load the pre-mades with) and only on certain games does it mess up: more indicative of the emulator than my specs. Considering you said you've tried PCSX2 in Windows and had NO luck, informs me it's your comp's specs and not the program. Um...try updating X11 in any way, or Snow Leopard itself. And then curse yourself for your purchase like I did, if you have a Macbook/Imac because you can't change the damn graphics card unless you want to void the warranty, and even then I'm not sure if you could. Apple wants your monays!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, homey--the best/most frustrating thing about emulators is the trial-and-error aspect of game playing. If all else fails, start flipping switches and hitting knobs--try other game fixes or microVU compiler--anything really, because you can always go back to your original settings if you remember them, and yo really never know what can make or break a game for specific system set-ups.
while it may be a graphic card issue, is there a way to overlay a text file that renders what should be read by the emulator? I do not need the graphics to improve as much as the ability to read the text. I have learned as well that my computer can not play gran turismo 4. Running on windows xp, I was not able to get the iso to open and run. The screen went to black on the loader failed to open.

Hopefully there is a text edit quick fix, I am willing to download a complete image set of the game so I can navigate menus, it would just take me a while.
I am more willing to pay a programmer to fix the issue on this computer than I am to buy a new computer.
I am hoping that a new edition of the emulation may fix any errors or limitations of any computers.
So did you get the latest ZZOgl plugin to work? There is a video guide on the Mac homepage to help you and that plugin should resolve all your issues.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I have ZZOgl PG 0.1.0 installed as well as ZZOgl 0.21.23 and neither one fixes the issue. I clicked the "no logarithmic Z" function as well. It produces a less blurry text scramble but the sample odd signals still appear instead of actual text. If it helps, I get a white screen when I run Gran Turismo 4, and black screen when I play Gran Turismo 3 and I have a working sega dreamcast emulator that plays all games with no errors at 100% speed (they don't list fps just game percentage). I have no idea what this says about my computer's limited graphics card.
Unless there is a new ZZOgl, I have the most updated one installed properly based off the youtube video.