Pcsx2 suddenly runs slow
(12-27-2015, 03:38 PM)vsub Wrote: Yes look at picture 2...the cpu is overheating and it downclocking itself to lower the temp
85C is not a joke

Thank you everyone. I will definitely try to clean the fan so that it works properly. Reading all of your responses, it is definitely a heating problem.

Thank you again for your replies. This site and the people involved in it are pretty amazing.

I will let you know if things get better after I clean the fan.

Cheers!

Sponsored links

Hello guys. I had the exact same problem. I was playing Yakuza 2 just fine until yesterday. Weirdly, after a thunderstorm, my computer was apparently running slow, and I can't play Yakuza 2 on pcsx2 anymore. It's really slow.

Maybe it had to do some kind of underclocking, which slowed down my computer? How can I make the CPU run normally again?

Thanks!
Please open your own thread.
Hello again!

I have disassembled my laptop and cleaned the fan. Problem solved as now PCSX2 runs well as it used to do before. Dust was preventing the fan from working probably and forcing the processor to down-clock itself due to the excessive heat that the fan was not able to handle.

Thank you to all of the people who replied to my issue in this thread. You are all wonderful people.

Thanks again.
(12-28-2015, 04:10 PM)Truegamer1516 Wrote: I have disassembled my laptop and cleaned the fan. Problem solved as now PCSX2 runs well as it used to do before. Dust was preventing the fan from working probably and forcing the processor to down-clock itself due to the excessive heat that the fan was not able to handle.

What are your temps like now under the same conditions?
(12-28-2015, 04:56 PM)yorkiesandskittles Wrote: What are your temps like now under the same conditions?

They have dropped significantly! I did the first Core temp test while emulating Rogue Galaxy and the temp peaked and reached 85 / 86 degrees Celsius. The game was unplayable with continuous lagging even at the intro scene. Now, while emulating the same game (Rogue Galaxy), the temp reach 77 degrees Celsius and even then the scenes and gameplay sequences run smoothly at 60fps! It is amazing to notice how cleaning the fan changed my laptop's performance. While leaving the laptop idle. the temp drops 40 degrees Celsius.

I hope that helped.