Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pcsx2 vs Crysis. The final showdown
Here's my settings for Crysis, and no, it doesn't lag. this is EXACTLY how I play crysis

2.2 E2200 Pentium Dual core
4gb DDR2 ram
Nvidia 8600GT 512 mb

this is the exact same PC I use for PCSX2, tell me, is there any comparison? (this is a sarcastic question, I know there is none, that's my point)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

NO. There's no comparison. Period.

Crysis -> specific PC game
[game name here] -> PS2 game running thru emulation.
You cannot, under any circumstances, properly compare a PC game and a PS2 emulator. PC games are designed/meant to, well, run on a PC. An emulator is a program that tricks the computer into doing something it was originally never meant to do, in this case, running PS2 games.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 3.4 GHz (3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600 1333
HDD: 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: MSI GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
maybe the only "proper" way to compare pcsx2 with a pc game is to compare a well emulated ps2 game with its pc port on the same computer.for example let's say devil may cry 3.
then maybe if you count with fraps the average,max fps of both games you can make a comparison.although don't forget that pc games have more settings that impact performance such as shadows quality,resolution,physiX,AA etc whereas pcsx2 doesn't have so many.You can of course increase the resolution,add AA but there aren't so many options in GSDX as in pc games.so again the comparison won't be accurate.

This is emulation,not exactly playing games.
This is mainly a rant, I wasn't trying to say there is. so please don't assume I was.
The thing here is that CRYSIS is a GPU intensive program, it benefits from high end cards
PCSX2 is a CPU intensive program, it benefits from high end CPUs

Comparing it with a CPU intensive program is probable best.
Well there seems to be a difference amongst PC games as well. A game like Crysis is of course very GPU intensive however take Napoleon:Total War for example which seems to need more of a beast of a CPU rather than GPU(due to the large number of soldiers and actions being taken). To me a layman's way of looking at it is CPU does quantity and GPU does quality.

Emulation still fits into this to me.
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
(11-01-2010, 12:03 AM)Saiki Wrote: This is mainly a rant, I wasn't trying to say there is. so please don't assume I was.

.. a rant about what? I really have no idea what point you're trying to make with this thread. That you can run both Crysis and PCSX2 on a machine that's well below the recommended specs for both programs?
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(11-02-2010, 03:01 PM)Air Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 12:03 AM)Saiki Wrote: This is mainly a rant, I wasn't trying to say there is. so please don't assume I was.
.. a rant about what?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FF-12-sys...ght=crysis
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Runs-slow...ght=crysis
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-What-conf...#pid119559

need I go on Air? The above, and more, is the reason I posted this