Pcsx2 will damage my laptop?
yeah, be careful with the temperature; meanwhile, my laptop is going to technical support because of temperatures of 70° idle and up to 95° while in 100% (when it reaches 102° it shuts itself Dx), I think that I played too much PCSX2 without a good cooler ¬¬', oh, buy one if you want to play PCSX2 on a laptop by the way...
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32

Sponsored links

(11-10-2009, 06:42 PM)marche1990 Wrote: yeah, be careful with the temperature; meanwhile, my laptop is going to technical support because of temperatures of 70° idle and up to 95° while in 100% (when it reaches 102° it shuts itself Dx), I think that I played too much PCSX2 without a good cooler ¬¬', oh, buy one if you want to play PCSX2 on a laptop by the way...

I work as IT staffer at a University. This is a common issue with a simple fix. All you have to do is get some compressed air, take off the bottom panel and any other panels, and blow the hell out of it with the can tilted upright. Do not turn can upside down by any means. Dust every hole/crevice you can see, your temps should drop in half :]
Also, while playing or doing anything intensive, you should use something to elevate the laptop above the table or whatever you're putting it on. Bottle caps in each of the corners works fine. That'll tend to drop temperatures by about 10 degrees or so in my experience.

Be sure to look out for the open slots at the bottom of the laptop though; you don't want to block any of them which would hinder airflow rather than help it.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
While not damage, overheating will certainly happen. I have exceptionally ventilated rig, and PCSX2 has caused it to reboot several times due to sheer intensity of ps2 emulation. Nothing else has. Fallout3/cod5 etc. I think if I downclocked my proc, problem would go away so it's really user-end issue rather than emu. Keep up great work, PCSX2!
Desktop: "Tuna-PC"
[email protected]
evga 260gtx c216
4gb ram

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite Fusion
[email protected]
Radeon 3650M
4gb ram
I have a Vaio laptop with an 8400M GT, never ever had any problems with PCSX2 and have played for hours and beaten a few games on it (FFX, X-2, XII, KH, KH2, Persona 3, Persona 4, XENOSAGA I, and a few others I can't remember right now). Not all 8xxx series GPU were faulty, but you never know. Mine can fry just now as I am tiping this! But after beating xenosaga, I franctly don't think so.

Anyways, I don't think you'll have any problems at all since laptops are made to dissipate heat in normal use even if you are pushing the hardware up to 100%, it will be stupid to sell a laptop that can't reach it's 100% potential! so yes, they are prepared.But if you overclock, wich means push it above it's top capabilitites, that's a different story, then you can damage any CPU+GPU combination if you don't keep the temps in a safe margin. PC's on the other hand have better heat dissipation but just because their parts produce much more heat. Franctly since PC's are a lot easier to overclock I have seen many more of them frying, than I have seen laptops frying =P
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
(11-10-2009, 05:52 PM)replicator Wrote: Google and obtain Real Temp 3.0 or the latest version they have, that way you can accurately monitor your CPU temps. Let us know where they're at during idle/full load instances.

-Tuna

Test results in real temp 3.0

minimum 51°C 51°C

maximum 60°C 61 °C
(11-10-2009, 07:15 PM)replicator Wrote:
(11-10-2009, 06:42 PM)marche1990 Wrote: yeah, be careful with the temperature; meanwhile, my laptop is going to technical support because of temperatures of 70° idle and up to 95° while in 100% (when it reaches 102° it shuts itself Dx), I think that I played too much PCSX2 without a good cooler ¬¬', oh, buy one if you want to play PCSX2 on a laptop by the way...

I work as IT staffer at a University. This is a common issue with a simple fix. All you have to do is get some compressed air, take off the bottom panel and any other panels, and blow the hell out of it with the can tilted upright. Do not turn can upside down by any means. Dust every hole/crevice you can see, your temps should drop in half :]

tnx for the tip, will try it later =)
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(11-11-2009, 10:53 AM)uther1977 Wrote: Test results in real temp 3.0

minimum 51°C 51°C

maximum 60°C 61 °C

Maximum looks good for a laptop, minimum is ok, but a tad high. What proc?
Desktop: "Tuna-PC"
[email protected]
evga 260gtx c216
4gb ram

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite Fusion
[email protected]
Radeon 3650M
4gb ram
Are those temps under load? Ie. While playing PCSX2? If they are, then they are fine.

If you get those temps without running anything (ie. while idle), then they are a bit of a worry.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(11-12-2009, 09:31 PM)replicator Wrote: Maximum looks good for a laptop, minimum is ok, but a tad high. What proc?

P8400