Pcsx2 will damage my laptop?
I just tried it, but this is surely way too high to actually use consistently on my laptop.
This is with PCSX2 running Fire Pro Returns.

minimum 86°C 86°C

maximum 91°C 91 °C

Sponsored links

I tried to view the temperatures with realtemp during the execution of pcsx2. After 5 minutes of play the maximum temp is 69.

In this page http://processorfinder.intel.com/details...Spec=SLB3R 105°C means the maximum temp of processor stability?
I wouldn't attempt to emulate ps2 on a laptop unless:

A) You got warranty, and don't mind waiting for it to get fixed once it fries/overheats

B) You keep your room and laptop very ventilated/cool

C) Don't care about frying it, and can easily afford a new one.

Quit clowning around, and get a desktop.
Desktop: "Tuna-PC"
[email protected]
evga 260gtx c216
4gb ram

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite Fusion
[email protected]
Radeon 3650M
4gb ram
(11-14-2009, 12:35 AM)uther1977 Wrote: In this page http://processorfinder.intel.com/details...Spec=SLB3R 105°C means the maximum temp of processor stability?

That figure is the TJMax value, which means that if the CPU reaches that temperature at the junction of the two cores, the computer will automatically be shut down to prevent further damage.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(11-14-2009, 02:04 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote:
(11-14-2009, 12:35 AM)uther1977 Wrote: In this page http://processorfinder.intel.com/details...Spec=SLB3R 105°C means the maximum temp of processor stability?

That figure is the TJMax value, which means that if the CPU reaches that temperature at the junction of the two cores, the computer will automatically be shut down to prevent further damage.

This means that the temperatures under 105° dont are dangerous?
Very danger temperature!

My CPU heat when in idle min 41°C when run PCSX2 max 64°C
(11-14-2009, 02:49 PM)Shadow 745 Wrote: Very danger temperature!

My CPU heat when in idle min 41°C when run PCSX2 max 64°C

But every cpu has different working temp.
In all my history of CPU's which i have in past:

12 CPU's Athlon XP 1800+ to Athlon 64 X2 6000+ no one don't have more than 80°C temperature ;-)

in practice:

and Intel CPU's which i test, never have more than 76°C

So i don't know any CPU which can reach extremal temperature plus i read almost all journal's Igromania in hard soft, about new CPU's and no one have these temperatures too ;-)
better buy new cooler! Laugh
You risk damage to your CPU at 60c+. If you let it get to 100c+ then you have some real problems. No matter which brand cpu you have, it will start giving out at around 60c+. Since you are on a laptop, there is not much you can do to replace the cooling on that system. You can however make sure the room you are playing in is colder, and that there is proper airflow to the laptop.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
No no Smile

Standard temperature of my CPU max 72°C but i installed new system fan and now temperature can't be higher than 64°C Smile

This is for Stable work! plus i installed coolers to my Hard Disk and temperature can't be higher more than 34°C