Pcsx2 will work on windows 10?
Hi folks
I open this thread to know if Pcsx2 will works decently(i mean without significant crash or drop fps) with last build of Win 10.
before I installing it.

Smile

Sponsored links

Yes, it works well. I tested it on the rtn version and it played fine. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Actually Bill Gates stated that they will drop support for pcsx2....

(Why should it not work?)
No issues here with the latest preview build (10074).

As long as you have a sufficiently powerful PC (with a CPU with a single-threaded performance around 1600 or better) you should be able to handle most games without frame rate issues.
Ok, thanks guys
I supposed that windows 10 is in the early stages"more or less" ..so I thought that there would have been some incompatibility.
The only incompatibilities I've personally encountered were with security software (like antivirus programs, usually purposely blacklisted until updated and confirmed to work without issues in Windows 10) and display drivers (after MS supplied updated drivers via Windows Update that were WDDM 2.0-enabled, the ones available from the manufacturers were no longer compatible, and even then nVidia's gotten around to releasing a newer beta driver specifically for Windows 10 since then).
It will be better when there will be a release candidate announced.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
Can I ask what build you guys were using? (1.2.1 or git?) Because I can't get it to run under win 10 at all... as soon as i click Boot CDVD (fast or full) I get a windows has stopped responding error every time.

Windows 10 x64 Insider Preview Build 10074, Git build 1.3.1-199-gc76e66f, latest Nvidia driver for win10 (352.84), and just for the record I have no problems with either build (stable or git) under win7/8.
Desktop:
Ryzen 7 5800X | MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R | MSI X570 unify | 32GB DDR4@3600 MHz (14-14-14-34) | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
1TB + 2TB WD Black SN770 | Windows 11 Pro x64
what are your gsdx settings in the latest git under windows 10?

also have you tried installing it outside of program files, like c:\pcsx2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I tried it on hardware for dx9 and dx11, no difference. Other than that everything was at its defaults. And the git build is portable it doesn't "install" like 1.2.1 does which i was wondering if that is part of the problem hence my earlier question about what version the peeps above me were running Tongue
Desktop:
Ryzen 7 5800X | MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R | MSI X570 unify | 32GB DDR4@3600 MHz (14-14-14-34) | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
1TB + 2TB WD Black SN770 | Windows 11 Pro x64