Performance/FPS/Speed/Resident Evil 4
(02-17-2013, 02:54 AM)Osceana Wrote: Fair enough. A great deal of that last line (giving up on PCSX2) of my initial post was out of frustration. I won't give up on this emu, but this game, yeah, probably. For now anyway.

I know it takes a while, but I was hoping that since the oldest post in this thread was nearly 2 years old someone might have a fix, but I guess not. It happens. I know it took a while for PCSX to be smoothed out (I went through a similar thing with ZSNES and SNES9x a few years back).

On that note, I did forget to mention, if anyone has it working on 0.9.7 (Lion version) let me know. I doubt it, but thought I'd throw that out there. I haven't updated my OS in a while and hadn't planned to, but if .7 is more reliable I will. Thanks.

I know, things were yet worse even with PCSX2 sometime ago and is understandable the frustration of not getting a game to run, just remember the emulator is still in development and has very few people working in the Mac port (unfortunately).

No harm done, I (and I dare to say we) expect you don't give up the emulator just yet, it has plenty of potential to bring you amusement yet Smile

Odd as it may look, was somewhat fun to see people struggling to get FFX (Final Fantasy X) to work with "ancient" Pentium IV few years ago... the feedback of them people helped the devs to work on optimizations the same time that allowed to increase the compatibility with more games without losing much (or not losing at all) the performance that greater accuracy puts a toll. Man, the users themselves showed a great deal of "creativity" creating setups that if compromised accuracy at least allowed them to play the game at less than acceptable quality but a sense of accomplishment.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(06-15-2011, 09:18 AM)otismiller Wrote: Hi,

I imagine this problem has been dealt with but I find no answers when I type the 3 words in the subject (and many more). Also my problem is extra confusing because the software will tell me it's running at 60+ fps but the speed is about 50%.

I use a Mac with 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 3GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM and my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4870. I'm not sure what all that means, but I feel like if I can play WoW, Spore, Modern Warfare etc at top graphics and run 3D Animation software, it's a good enough computer.

So... Resident Evil 4 is running slow as hell with bad audio syncing. Does anyone have experience making this game work?

I've also tried Bully and while it works (Slow as hell) on my VMWare Windows XP, I get massive graphical glitches on my Mac making it un-playable.

Also- Bug report: For some reason the left analog stick is inverted. But that's easy enough to work around.

I hope by opening up this dialogue I can become less noobish with my ps2 emulator.

ps I own these games but my old ps2 died of old age.

try switching the fps to 30