Performance Issues
Hi.
I'm having some performance issues with pcsx2; Soulcalibur 3 specifically the game always seems to drop below 60 fps never stable.
I tried setting the graphics settings to the lowest possible, but none of these settings make a difference.
i want to be able to run this game smoothly with any major slow downs or lag.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-06-2016, 09:41 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

okay, 
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4400+ 2.30GHz
AMD Radeon HD 5450
4GB memory
windows 7 professional 64 bit.
I'm using the most recent version pcsx2, 1.4.0
i currently have the settings on 

[Image: image.png]

and these core settings

[Image: image.png]

I'm trying play Soulcalibur 3 and I'm playing it from an ISO.
Your CPU is very out of date. The single thread performance of your CPU is below 700, where you'll want at least double that for PCSX2. Are you using any speedhacks? You might be able to improve performance by tweaking the sliders on that page.
Simple :
Get a decent PC or play this game on your PS2.
Soulcalibur 3 can be really demanding, and your PC isn't up to the par
(04-06-2016, 11:42 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Your CPU is very out of date. The single thread performance of your CPU is below 700, where you'll want at least double that for PCSX2. Are you using any speedhacks? You might be able to improve performance by tweaking the sliders on that page.

how can you tell the cpu is out of date? how can tell the cpu's performance is below 700? 
I tried using speedhacks, things started to smooth out a little, but still some lag.

Quote:Simple : 
Get a decent PC or play this game on your PS2.
Soulcalibur 3 can be really demanding, and your PC isn't up to the par
I can't get a pc like that! if i can't get the game to run 100% smooth, I'll be fine with it. (I don't have a ps2)
(04-06-2016, 09:26 PM)dclemons2 Wrote: how can you tell the cpu is out of date?

Well, you said you have an Athlon 64 4400+, that was released around 2005, that's 11 years old, that's pretty out of date.

(04-06-2016, 09:26 PM)dclemons2 Wrote: how can tell the cpu's performance is below 700? 

on this page https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

just search for "4400+" PCSX2 needs ideally, somewhere around the 1500 mark or above.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I also owned that CPU. There's no chance of it running PCSX2 even remotely well.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-06-2016, 09:34 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I also owned that CPU. There's no chance of it running PCSX2 even remotely well.

Really? Oh well, nevermind.
Sorry Soulcalibur 3... you're out of my league.
Quote:(I don't have a ps2

Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.