Performance Issues(Ratchet and Clank)
Hello All,
I realize that this exact post has been discussed here on the pcsx2 forums before, but I couldnt find any recent threads on the issue. The specs of my computer are significantly better than most of the posters on the behalf of ratchet and clank gameplay. My Specs are:

MSI GS60
Intel Core i7-4710HQ
8 G Ram
Nvidia GTX 850m
Windows 7 Ultimate

In game, I get good framerates, mostly 45+, but the game always hangs significantly, its as if everything is in slow motion, but it comes in and out. Also, the audio goes bad pretty often but thats not that big of a deal. Is there anything that I can do to help this? My hardware seems sufficient from what I've seen.

Sponsored links

It's decent enough you should get playable speeds, but you will have some drops.

What are your settings? Specifically GSdx and speedhacks?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
here are my settings. I have the Alpha Hack enabled in GSdx as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

in your gsdx settings, set extra rendering threads to 3

in your speedhacks settings, set the EE cycle rate hack to 3 and enable MTVU
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-20-2015, 04:19 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: in your gsdx settings, set extra rendering threads to 3

An 8 thread cpu might perform better with 5 or 6.
I doubt it. Hyper threading only rarely helps software threads.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
dobbs, performance was improved, but the rendering distance is awful. Everything is unrecognizable until you're within 10 feet of it
(03-20-2015, 04:48 AM)TheDurhaminator Wrote: dobbs, performance was improved, but the rendering distance is awful. Everything is unrecognizable until you're within 10 feet of it

press f9
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
^ dobbs. Lol. Yeah turn on software mode(f9)
It's always better to check on which offers the best performance on extra rendering threads, sometimes higher values will cause slowdowns.

LOL ! dobbs (aka fusion of dogen and nobbs)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction