Performance Queries
I've just built from SVN again and GSdx hard-locks the display in Software or Hardware mode. I can still SSH into the box, but the screen is locked, only fix is to reboot (can't even kill X).

Just tried zzogl at native res with no enhancements turned on, on Gran Turismo 4 (so it looked utterly terrible) and it was claiming 50fps but it felt like it was running in slow motion. Very weird.

Sponsored links

Jus to be sure, did you use both 1.0.0 PCSX2 and plugins or a mix of the 2 ? The latter won't work.

I will need to test latest trunk (I'm using 5323 on my system) but the GPU hardlock feel like a driver issue. Did the screen stay clean on the latest frame or do you have some strange corruption?

Note for reboot -> altr-print_screen + reisub Smile
The title bar of PCSX2 reports 0.9.9 (and the plugins are for that version) but it's SVN version 5342.

The screen locked up with everything looking normal, but it didn't appear to have rendered the first frame inside the PCSX2 window by that point.
(07-23-2012, 01:51 PM)Enverex Wrote: I've been trying to use PCSX2 on my HTPC and I'm having trouble getting it to run at any usable frame-rate. On the occasions it does, it becomes very erratic and generally doesn't last long.

What settings have you changed from the default installation? I'm using 1.0.0, an 8800GT under Kubuntu 12.04 and the output is just garbage.
Wine with Windows PCSX2 0.9.8 and use the GSDX SDL mode works well too for stability, sound, and speed.
(08-13-2012, 11:51 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Wine with Windows PCSX2 0.9.8 and use the GSDX SDL mode works well too for stability, sound, and speed.

PCSX2 just crashed immediately if I tried it through Wine.
For your information, it is possible to build pcsx2 (1.0.0) with SDL on linux './build.sh --sdl13". I'm close to remove it from trunk but I haven't done yet. (no guarantee or whatever Wink )