Performance apps
Anyone know of any good applications to download to boost your pc performance (free up memory, and cpu usage etc....) for windows 7 that might in turn help the performance of the PCSX2 emu?

Sponsored links

I don't think you'll get any kind of speed boost for PCSX2 with these programs (and in my opinion most of these are usually scams). PCSX2 needs raw CPU power, something freeing up ram or changing some display options will do nothing for it...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah unfortunately I'm running out of easy fix low budget options. I'm attempting to squeeze every little bit out of my current system but it looks like a upgrade might be due soon! Thanks for responding though!
Get a cheap aftermarket cooler and overclock your cpu if you want a performance increase.
[Image: 1454055.png]
(11-02-2010, 10:19 AM)willdawg16 Wrote: Anyone know of any good applications to download to boost your pc performance (free up memory, and cpu usage etc....) for windows 7 that might in turn help the performance of the PCSX2 emu?

There is no software application that can free up memory or improve CPU usage, unless that application is:

* Spyware / malware removal tool (spybot or malwarebytes are good examples), since spyware and malware can severely impact system and internet performance.

* The uninstaller for a resident virus scanner (since even "resource friendly" ones tend to use a lot of ram and cpu, and less friendly ones being serious bottlenecks).

Besides those, performance of cpu and memory is entirely up to the authors of software (primarily) and the operating system (secondary).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Gamebooster and similar software do help in cases when you're very low in RAM and CPU resources by closing unneeded services, disabling windows programs, automatically going into classic windows themes, giving priority to your selected apps, unloading dlls and all in 1-click solutions. The problem is these kind of apps might close a little bit more than you wanted and might give problems later and they only really help the lowest end of computers nowadays and even then the increase is not that much other than maybe making games smoother (by freeing ram) and win just a couple FPS more, they're not a miracle makers and not recommended way and it's nothing you can't do by tweaking windows and closing programs yourself...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Gamebooster doesn't help at all,at least doesn't increse performance.
It's better if you tweak yourself. That always helps the most (well to me anyway Tongue).
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
^
nice rig u got there..must be a beast at playing games Tongue
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.