Performance issues.
Hello,

I would want to ask you about any tips so i could be able to enjoy the good old PS2 times again. Smile

Running:
Emulator: PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660Ti 2GB GDDR5
Ram: 4GB DDR3
CPU: Intel Core i5-760 2.8GHz
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LE

Games im trying:
Call of Duty: Finest Hour Average FPS - 28 - 45
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One Average FPS - 8 - 14 (And broken textures)

Plugins:
http://uploadpie.com/igmxJ

If you need any more info let me know Wink

Sponsored links

With that GPU you should be able to play at more than native resolutione. About 4x should be fine.
The CPU is not the best out there, but is ok. You should enable some speedhack, especially the MTVU to use a third core. If it's not enough try with the other "suggested" speedhacks.

Edit: oh and sometimes Direct3D11 gives better performances than Direct3D9.
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
I believe the call of duty games have some post processing issues, so you might benifit from using the skipdraw hw hack on gsdx, just set to something like 1 or 2 will make the difference, along with the above suggestions of course. Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-06-2012, 01:31 AM)refraction Wrote: I believe the call of duty games have some post processing issues, so you might benifit from using the skipdraw hw hack on gsdx, just set to something like 1 or 2 will make the difference, along with the above suggestions of course. Smile

I did get some performance increase but it's still rather jerky but i guess it's playable now but Big Red One only way to fix the corrupted textures is by running in software mode but i still get bad fps on it about 60 in main menus witch is great but in game around 20 but when staring at the ground 50.

P.S. Is it normal that the PCSX2 console shows:

Path: D:\Emulators\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: D:\Emulators\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
That's fine, your cpu doesn't support AVX is why.
Try boosting the number of threads in software mode to 3 and seeing if that helps the speed in software mode.

Where it says extra rendering threads change that to 3 and try playing in directx 11 software mode.
(12-07-2012, 01:54 AM)Topken Wrote: Try boosting the number of threads in software mode to 3 and seeing if that helps the speed in software mode.

Where it says extra rendering threads change that to 3 and try playing in directx 11 software mode.

Okay... i did that and now big red one at the first mission starts now on 28fps. It's already better thanks Smile And for some reason running in DX11 both Cod2:BRO and Finest hour started to run slightly better... about 3-5fps quicker