Performance issues with Xenosaga Episode 1
there isn't any other version of the game.
and what part of offscreen makes you think artifacts would be seen?

Sponsored links

^Opps i missed that. Im just saying i dont notice any slowdown
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Alright I enabled the MTVU hack and the first cutscene became half normal speed, half slow throughout its duration. So there was some improvement, thankfully. However, during the first mech battle the FPS goes down to 30 which is a complete crawl. Any more suggestions? If not I'll have to grab my PS2 from my dad's place and play it on that I guess...
Just switched to Software Mode (DX11) and now I'm getting 60fps in mech battles. Looks like I've found my solution
going by memory, the mtvu hack actually makes this game slower on AMD.
no idea why.
Now available in the U-TIC Card. The problem has been removed. That is 100% complete game. Correct the hands of the issue of health.
hm... Doesn't seem to matter what I do to my game. Cut scenes still run ridiculously slow. Considering nothing goes about 50% on EE or GS. FPS doesn't drop either. When I go to software mode my GS jumps to 100%. So far out of the 30+ games i play on here. Xenosaga is still the only one that gives me issues.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Try disabling 8-bit texture. I also had it enabled and some cut-scenes were really slow,also mech battles or whatever they are called in this game were sloww as hell,after disabling 8-bit texture I got really nice speed,without any slowdowns or such.
Got some weird glitch in this game only : cutscenes (in-game, not movies) play the audio at normal speed but the image slows to a crawl and ends up lagging hard behind the audio, who can finish 2 mins ahead.....

Comp : i7 920 2.67GHz OC'd @ 4 GHz
Intel mobo DX58SO
6 GB DDR3 1600
MSI Radeon HD6970 2GB

PCSX2 : Version 1.0 plug-ins (r5334)
GSDx Hardware DX11 SSSE3, native res with 8-bit textures
Default sound plugin settings
Both speedhacks lvl2 with everything + MTVU on
Don't use the speed hacks at all for this game. I finally got it to run at full speed. Turn 8bit textures off. It worked for me after that.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10