Performance issues with Xenosaga Episode 1
I know this game is really hard on the emulator itself, but I would like to know if there are any ways to boost my performace in game? I just got to the first cutscene with the close up of KOS-MOS and the FPS dips down to 45. I have all recommended speedhacks enabled, DX11 Hardware selected, PS2 native resolution, and 8 bit textures allowed.

Here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 B55 3.25ghz
4gb of DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon 6670 1gb
Windows 7 64 bit

Suggestions?

Sponsored links

Hmm u should be able to play the game pretty decent, I could play it around 60 fps with my current hardware, try downloading one of the later SVN versions and enable the MTVU Hack, which will speed up some games pretty much. Also make sure that u post ur version of PCSX2 and any non default settings u made in PCSX2 Smile

U can get the SVN Versions here: http://www.pcsx2.net/svn.php
I am using 0.9.8 revision 4600. And thanks, I'll check that out tommorow morning!
you need closer to 4.2Ghz for full speed with this game on a phenom.
Ehh sorry to say Squall, but with my 980BE at stock 3.7 I run the game @ 59/60 fps Smile
nonsense. i don't call maxing out speedhacks and getting choppy framerate fullspeed.
Well, except for these cutscenes the polygone count doesn't get that high.
If you get above 60fps in normal gameplay and battles, that should be enough to enjoy the game.
You may want to put the SPU2-X sync mode to async for nicer audio (though it could be out of sync at times).
I get perfect frame rate with my humble rig using only the MTVU Hack, and to think of MTVU as a game hack would be incorrect, its more of a Pcsx2 Multithread hack allowing a 3rd core to process microvu1
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
rama, this is the Xenosaga that spams random offscreen crap, and is barely playable when you have several AGWS on screen at once.
^
I have the Dual Layer 1 dvd version of this game and i havnt noticed any graphical glitches or slowdowns? not when using the MTvu hack at any rate
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*