Performance on Mac General*
Photo 
Hello everyone,

I've got some questions about the Mac version's performance. I'm wondering why it's not possible to squeeze more power out of it, even with a 300% overclock, despite having a powerful M1 Max. I'm still experiencing slowdowns that don't seem justified. It feels like Macs are somewhat neglected in terms of optimization.

As an example, I've been using AetherSX2 for some games, and I've noticed better performance, specifically tailored for Macs. It seems like more resources are being utilized effectively. I understand that the Mac user community might be relatively small, but when it comes to emulation, it's a robust one.

I've started working on a small video showcasing some of the recent performance improvements. I'd love to share more insights, but I need a bit more attention to bring this topic to the discussion.

Cheers!

Sponsored links

IIRC, M1 Macs are ARM, while pcsx2 is basically x86.
AetherSX2 does have native arm recompilers, which is why it performs better on an M1 Mac.

Since pcsx2 Devs aren't interested in making an ARM port, i suggest you contact Aethersx2 dev, or make your own ARM fork
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I also recommend AetherSX2, which runs great and is able to display my games at 1080p@60fps with EE@300% on a simple Mac Mini M1 with 8 GB RAM.
The Apple-Silicon-Macs are great for emulation, I love my Mac Mini for that purpose.