Performance question
I'll try to make it as short as possible.

My pc: E8400 not oc'ed / gts 250 (rest are not important i guess)

Question: How do i config the emulator to run Tekken 5 at full speed without overclocking the processor?

Thank you in advance for your answer(s)!

Edit: forgot to say, i get 40-41 fps right now, with default settings. And the video plugin is: GSdx-SSE4-r3623

Edit2: using Windows 7 64bit

Sponsored links

what's the speed of your cpu ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Default 3 Ghz. I did some changes to emu settings (searched on google/youtube a little) and i got a few fps boost in performance. The game now runs at about 47fps. Do you suppose with a small oc, something like 3.66ghz, i would get it to 60fps? Or at least at 50+? Even at 47 is enjoyable and playable, but i would like to run it at max if it's possible.

And another problem. First fight runs fine, second moves the camera somewhere in the ground and i can't see anything what's happening. Solution? :|
Just a note, a 20% overclock isn't normally considered a "small" overclock and if you don't have the proper cooling for it, it could cause problems heat wise.

That said, Tekken 5 is one of many PS2 games that are just really slow... while you'll definitely see a noticable improvement at 3.5ghz+ I don't think it alone would be enough to push it to 60fps. Over 50 definitely though.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Tuniq Tower 120 with the vent changed, a silent one. Using a sh1ty thermo conductor paste atm though. Temperature goes top 62 degrees in Prime95, usually idles at 60 degrees (in full load). At 3.66Ghz i guess temp will increase with about 4-5 degrees. But i won't do it until i get a good paste in the next days. I was just asking out of curiosity if oc will increase performance.
Yeah it will and a lot. Actually you'll get the exact performance increase to the clock increase you do. So 20% higher clocks = 20% more FPS
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Interesting, thank you for your answer. Guess i'll go tomorrow and buy a GOOD thermal grease and try it out. I'll come back with results.
(08-30-2010, 10:11 PM)baholete Wrote: And another problem. First fight runs fine, second moves the camera somewhere in the ground and i can't see anything what's happening. Solution? :|
Sorry for double post, can somebody pls answer to this? I played a little more and it's not 2nd fight. It happens randomly. Is there anyway of fixing this?
You probably messed with the EE/VU clamp modes, set them back to normal.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah. I've set the clamping mode to "none" and VUs to "superVU" (as i've read on some config guides) and this gave me a 6-7 fps boost. I've also activated the recommended speed hacks and it made the game pretty much perfectly playable. I get around 50 fps with sometimes going to full 60. But the camera screws up Sad.

I will try to set them back one at a time, to see which of this settings screws it up.