Performance question
Alright, I want to ask what kind of performance my system can get on PCSX2 with my computer specs.
-------------------------------
OS - Windows Vista Premium 32bit
CPU - Intel Pentium D 925 3.00GHZ (2 processors)
MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T
Graphics - DX10 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Memory - 4GB DDR2

Sponsored links

your CPU isn't very good for PCSX2 so thats whats going to limit your performance.
you'll probably be able to play games like the Disgaea series at full speed, but more advanced 3d games will run slower than full speed most-likely.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
I can get about 35-40fps in Kingdom Hearts II. How much faster might it be if I put a 2.4ghz core 2 duo in my PC and use SSSE3?
(03-22-2009, 10:00 PM)Xarmog Wrote: I can get about 35-40fps in Kingdom Hearts II. How much faster might it be if I put a 2.4ghz core 2 duo in my PC and use SSSE3?

Nobody can give an exact number, but it should definitely be playable. Pentium D's suck something horrible when compared to Core 2's.

Search around and try and find someone with the processor you want, and see what they get.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Alright, I'll do that, thanks for the help.
(03-22-2009, 09:11 PM)Xarmog Wrote: Alright, I want to ask what kind of performance my system can get on PCSX2 with my computer specs.
OS - Windows Vista Premium 32bit
CPU - Intel Pentium D 925 3.00GHZ (2 processors)
MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T
Graphics - DX10 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Memory - 4GB DDR2

Your CPU is about equal to core 2 duo at 1.5 GHz. If you are thinking about placing a new CPU into that mainboard, you should know Intel sold your CPU as a only opinion for some old mainboards.